It has been 10 years!

Started by Bottom Dealin Mike, September 20, 2011, 02:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bottom Dealin Mike

I was just looking through my archives and I realized that 10 years ago my first black powder column ran in "Guns of the Old West" magazine.

I'd been writing feature articles for them for a few years when they decided to start a couple of regular columns. They approached me about doing one for black powder shooters, and they asked Dennis Prisbrey to do one on cowboy gear and clothes.

I've been a gun writer for 23 years, but these last 10 with this column have been a great gig.

But Man! Where did those 10 years go? :o

w44wcf

Mike,
Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary!  Here's to 10+ more!! ;D ;D

I have been reading your columns for almost that long and I really enjoy them.

Keep up the GREAT work!

w44wcf
aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka John Kort
aka w30wcf (smokeless)
NRA Life Member
.22 W.C.F., .30 W.C.F., .44 W.C.F., .45 Colt Cartridge Historian

Steel Horse Bailey

I'll second!

I really enjoy GOTOW magazine and your articles are a great part of that.  As well as Mr. Prisby's pieces, and I certainly won't forget my friend and fellow Scarlet Mask and Hiram's Ranger shooter, "LaVista Bill" Bell.  It's a great magazine.

Best wishes for 10 ... or more ... good years!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Fingers McGee

Congrats on your 10 years Mike and wishing you many more.  Always enjoy your articles.

Regards

Fingers
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

The Pathfinder

10! Nowhere near enough. Congratulations, Mike. Keep 'em coming 'cause we all enjoy readin' 'em.

Bottom Dealin Mike

Thanks for the kind words guys. I appreciate it.

Steel Horse, Bill Bell and I only get together at SHOT, but we always have a good time together there. I'm looking forward to seeing him in January.

Doc Cuervo

Rafe Covington

I have never read the magazine, never seen on the rack where I shop at. I do very much enjoy your videos, thanks for posting them.

Rafe
If there is nothing in your life worth dying for than you are already dead

Bottom Dealin Mike

Rafe,

I hate the thought of you missing out on our fine magazine.

If you live anywhere near a Barnes & Noble bookstore, buy yourself a cup of coffee there and read an issue for free to see if you like it.

Better yet, stop by our booth at the SASS convention and I'll give you an issue for free to keep.

Claypipe

Quote from: Bottom Dealin Mike on September 20, 2011, 02:58:54 PM
I was just looking through my archives and I realized that 10 years ago my first black powder column ran in "Guns of the Old West" magazine.

I'd been writing feature articles for them for a few years when they decided to start a couple of regular columns. They approached me about doing one for black powder shooters, and they asked Dennis Prisbrey to do one on cowboy gear and clothes.

I've been a gun writer for 23 years, but these last 10 with this column have been a great gig.

But Man! Where did those 10 years go? :o

Up in blackpowder smoke?

A copy of GOTOW helped to keep me occupied during my flight to Kansas City, and again later, when I was flying home from Las Vegas. Entertaining and informative.

CP
Vergiss nie heimat wo deine Wiege stand Du findest in der fremde kein zweites heimalland

Never forget home where your cradle was. You won't find a second home country in a foreign country

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com