Uberti '71 .38 Spl.

Started by PJ Hardtack, August 21, 2011, 08:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJ Hardtack

Got a deal pending on an Exc. Colt NS in .455 and a new Uberti '71 .38 Spl. for my lady. Is this a gun she's gonna like, paired up with her Uberti 3/4 size .38s?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Coffinmaker

No way to tell 'till SHE shoots it.  It will have an entirely different feel from the "little" .38s she has.  She will feel less recoil from the '71 as it is considerably heavier and will soak up more felt recoil.

Coffinmaker

PS:  Why am I up this early??

Justician

You definately need to have your wife handle one first. My wife loves her Cimarron lightnings. She does not like the grips on my
5 1/2" .38 opentops and also thinks they are too heavy.

Justician

Steel Horse Bailey

What can also make a difference is grip size.  The 71/72 OT Late Model has the 1851/1873 grip.  The Early Model (Like my new one I now love) has the longer 1860 style.  Mine has an all steel trigger guard and gripframe; I can't say about the 38 cal. versions, but I THINK they should s2be steel.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com