Photo Posting Test

Started by Jack Wagon, August 18, 2011, 12:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Wagon

I have been unable to post a decent size photo without Two Flints help. He has offered me help for a Windows machine, but I am a Mac user. I have been playing around with different solutions. For me, the key seems to be to use only a 1 mega pixel camera. In the past I was using a 12 mega pixel and could not size the photo down properly. I going to try and post a picture and see if it works.   JW
Jack Wagon
Member NRA
Member #358 SSS

Two Flints

Hi Jack,

Using Irfanview and uploading my saved file (1024 X 768 Pixels) to Photobucket this is what I am able to post on SSS (this is your photo).

Irfanview is the photo editing program I use 97% of the time.  Wasn't sure if it could be used on a Mac and then found this:

Can I use IrfanView on Mac?
A: Yes, probably. There is no native-Mac version of IrfanView. However, you can use IrfanView in conjunction with Mac program like WineBottler/DARWINE. Take the ZIP version of IrfanView and unzip it or copy your existing Windows IrfanView folder to Mac. This is easier because the installer may need additional Windows DLLs to run.

I know nothing about Macs  :P :P  so I don't know if this suggestion works.  BTW, what about  Preview that comes as part of Mac OS X?  It has some of the features of Irfanview it is a fast image viewer, and it also got some built in editing features (resize, rotate, crop, exposure, saturation, temperature, contrast, add text, ..).

Two Flints

Una mano lava l'altra
Moderating SSS is a "labor of love"
Viet Vet  '68-69
3/12 - 4th Inf Div
Spencer Shooting Society Moderator
Spencer Shooting Society (SSS) #4;
BOSS #62
NRA; GOAL; SAM; NMLRA
Fur Trade Era - Mountain Man
Traditional Archery

Jack Wagon

Thanks Two Flints, I don't know much about Mac's either, but I endeavor to persevere. When you click on the photo I posted it bumps up to a respectable size. Since I don't post many photos, I guess that will work for now.  JW  
Jack Wagon
Member NRA
Member #358 SSS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com