Pietta Nickel 1860 - brass frame

Started by Jeremiah, August 13, 2011, 05:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremiah

I just got my first percussion revolver today, 1860 Pietta. I bought it used. It was nickeled so I assumed it was a steel frame. Looks like that was a bad assumption. A magnet won't stick to the frame so it must be bronze, right? I was thinking it would make a nice base for a conversion because of finish. I guess I'll just have to shoot it as it is and pretend it is silver plated.

It also appears to have a Navy grip, it is the same length as my 1873 SAA replica. An army grip is noticeably longer correct? I guess this is just a odd duck Pietta.

Fingers McGee

Quote from: jcummons on August 13, 2011, 05:53:13 PM
It also appears to have a Navy grip, it is the same length as my 1873 SAA replica. An army grip is noticeably longer correct? I guess this is just a odd duck Pietta.

Lots of Piettas are odd ducks
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Jeremiah

Yeah, it isn't quite what I expected but I am still excited. I just need to get some caps, there are none in town at the moment, and see how it shoots.

Steel Horse Bailey

Odd duck or not, you'll have fun I'll bet! - just keep yer loads down at the lower end of the scale and you won't stress the frame, i.e.  20-25 grs. of 2F or 3F.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com