Holster idea's for a pair of these Pistols

Started by DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM, August 09, 2011, 01:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

1875 Army
My favorite Outlaw Gun.  ;D http://www.uberti.com/firearms/outlaw_frontier_and_police.php
I'm not a big fan of I-talian guns. Wish someone else made them. I want them anyway.

Blackey Cole

It all depends on the use.  For Dress up I would go with a 1885 Military flap holsters that is the best fit.  For competition shooting I think a short Long Hunter style holster with a exotic lace-up holster band and reinforcement.  Let those long barrels stick out the bottom of the holster for about 2 inches.
SASS, NRA, NMSA
NRA  RSO
SASS RO II
Gaming Gunfighter in Training

Boothill Bob

First things thats pop up in my head is will ghormleys Frank James rig  :)
//BhB
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

outrider

any one of Ghormleys patterns can be modified to fit this gun
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Slowhand Bob

If my experience with the Uberti cartridge guns is any indication there will be a bit of enlarging necessary for 1858 patterns.  Pretty gun and I like the Franhk James holster also.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

My 1875 fits in most all my Colt 1873 holsters with no problem, here is a dodge City Holster I made for them, I made two both strong sides, but like Outrider pointed out , most any of Will Ghormley's patterns will work well.

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Cliff Fendley

Any style holster suitable for a SAA is suitable for them just depends on your time period. They wont fit all my Colt patterns but will fit many of them. The web under the barrel on the Remington will hit in the main seam on some styles like an F A Meanea holster.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

Quote from: Cliff Fendley on August 09, 2011, 03:01:47 PM
Any style holster suitable for a SAA is suitable for them just depends on your time period. They wont fit all my Colt patterns but will fit many of them. The web under the barrel on the Remington will hit in the main seam on some styles like an F A Meanea holster.

That was my concern to and the reason for my inquiry Cliff and thanks.  ;)

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on August 09, 2011, 02:52:25 PM
 My 1875 fits in most all my Colt 1873 holsters with no problem, here is a dodge City Holster I made for them, I made two both strong sides, but like Outrider pointed out , most any of Will Ghormley's patterns will work well.

tEN wOLVES  ;D
Nice work and thanks for sharing TW.

Forty Rod

If they were mine I'd put them in Chisholm's Trail Old West Leather No. CH-37 "Western Montana" holsters in black on a matching money belt with a plain nickel buckle.  I'd also put a set of "ivory" grips on them.

I don't usually like plated guns, but some just look right...like the long barreled Outlaw and the 1st model S&W Russian with an 8" barrel.  Most of the bird's head Merwins look great plated, too.

They would all look perfect in these style holsters.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Curley Cole

Here are the rigs I use for my 75's. First one is a will Ghormley Jesse rig. (actually I won that rig and a pair of Remingtons from Happy Trails for a single $10 raffle tix. Only thing I ever won....

Second rig I had RedDog make me. A double crossdraw (and I got extra strong side) with a modified fair weather christian belt.
third pix is what the RedDog rig looks like on..and last one for 4Trod, that is what it looks like with ivory on

like both them rigs..
curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Slowhand Bob

Good looking leather.  Isn't this the gun used by one of the characters in OPEN RANGE, Duval I am thinking?

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

Quote from: Slowhand Bob on August 10, 2011, 06:24:37 AM
Good looking leather.  Isn't this the gun used by one of the characters in OPEN RANGE, Duval I am thinking?

Bull Dorn in Crossfire Trail. Tyler Jackson in Bandita's. 3:10 To Yuma etc

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

Quote from: Curley Cole on August 10, 2011, 02:01:30 AM

Here are the rigs I use for my 75's. First one is a will Ghormley Jesse rig. (actually I won that rig and a pair of Remingtons from Happy Trails for a single $10 raffle tix. Only thing I ever won....

Second rig I had RedDog make me. A double crossdraw (and I got extra strong side) with a modified fair weather christian belt.
third pix is what the RedDog rig looks like on..and last one for 4Trod, that is what it looks like with ivory on

like both them rigs..
curley

Lucky you!  ;)

Curley Cole

ya and I haven't won a damn thing since then. God gave me my one time I guess. Dutch of Happy Trails said it was the only time he knew of that someone had won from buyin only one ticket.

I waz told that Brad Pitt wore this rig gettin ready for the movie part. (I had girls at my work want to just wear the rig...no gunz just the rig. And a couple of them asked if they could wear them nakid....I told them who waz I to stop infactuation...heheh)
curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Marshal Will Wingam

I also think Will's Frank James holster would look great. For a variation, make it brown and don't cut it away for the hammer.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Springfield Slim

Full time Mr. Mom and part time leatherworker and bullet caster

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

Quote from: Springfield Slim on August 14, 2011, 12:46:43 PM
http://www.hartfordarmory.com/remmies.htm
American made Remingtons.
They haven't made them in two years nor will they ever be making anymore in the future. The company now make AR lower for DOD.

Springfield Slim

Too bad we can't buy American anymore, even when we are willing to pay the difference.
Full time Mr. Mom and part time leatherworker and bullet caster

Forty Rod

Quote from: DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM on August 15, 2011, 08:24:22 AM
They haven't made them in two years nor will they ever be making anymore in the future. The company now make AR lower for DOD.

Just as well.  They were way to hell and gone over priced, even for all their "excellence" of quality.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com