HOG crossdraw holster

Started by outrider, August 06, 2011, 05:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outrider

After six or so months of sitting in my "unfinished projects" pile...I have finally finished the HOG crossdraw holster..here are some pictures with my Bisley's
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Wow, Outrider, Fantastic, your new rig looks great, well done pard, and thanks for sharing with us, nice Bisley's too  ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Chuck 100 yd

Wills H.O.G. pattern is my favorite of all. Your rendition of it is very nice indeed. ;)
I made mine with a lot less cant to it.

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

Quote from: outrider on August 06, 2011, 05:46:26 PM
After six or so months of sitting in my "unfinished projects" pile...I have finally finished the HOG crossdraw holster..here are some pictures with my Bisley's

Very nice!  ;D

Kid Terico

Outrider as usual OUTSTANDING WORK.. I love it KT

Curley Cole

Outrider

That is exactly the way I like my crossdraws...beautiful....

curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Marshal Will Wingam

Very good rig, Outrider. You really got those right. 8)

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Outrider,

Beautiful job! Isn't it great to be able to design and make a Rig to fit one's exact needs. Many thanks foe sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Slowhand Bob

I really like it also and I do like holsters with a cant to them.  Designs are always easier to steal if I can see a shot of the back.  ;)  I need to break down and place an order with Will for a couple of items I have been wanting and the HOG pattern pack is definitely on the list.  Does anyone know if Will used his standard 49er pattern as the basis of the Charlie Prince Schofield holsters?   

outrider

Slowhand,

The Charlie Prince "Flames of Hell" holster is not that difficult to make.  Since he does not have a pattern pack for the Charlie Prince rig I called Will right after the movie came out and asked permission to copy it. Using the photo on his website as a reference I made up a pattern with a modified mainseam to fit my Vaqueros.  Actually the hard part was locating the red thread for the project...thank you Weaver...the holsters are lined with "sueded red pigskin that I got at the Leather Factory.
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Slowhand Bob

As usual your work is beautiful Outrider.  I sold my last set of holsters made for my Schofields and need to do another and the CP style just might still be an attention grabber.  I think a horizontal flame pattern on the belt might stand out also and bring it all together as a matching rig.

outrider

Slowhand...I agree...the flames on the belt would be a nice touch as long as it is not over done
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

JD Alan

Outrider and Chuck 100 yd great work indeed. Thanks for sharing guys.
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Wolf Tracker

Outrider and Chuck 100  very nice work on both.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com