So who made the gun leather in "Cowboys And Aliens"?

Started by DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM, August 06, 2011, 01:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

So who made the gun leather in "Cowboys And Aliens"?
Any of you guys?

Check out the Black 45-70 belt at 28 seconds.

Rossmaker

Allen and Donna Seollner of Chisolm's Trail leather in Georgia have listed on there site that they made over 30 pieces for the movie.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them." (John Wayne, the Shootist)

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

Quote from: Rossmaker on August 06, 2011, 05:55:34 PM
Allen and Donna Seollner of Chisolm's Trail leather in Georgia have listed on there site that they made over 30 pieces for the movie.

If there the one I couldn't fund where it said that. http://www.westernleatherholster.com/

Rossmaker

I believe it's under there movie holster section.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them." (John Wayne, the Shootist)

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

Quote from: Rossmaker on August 06, 2011, 06:47:47 PM
I believe it's under there movie holster section.

I looked. Can't find anything about it. Got a link sir?

Rossmaker

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

Quote from: Rossmaker on August 06, 2011, 07:02:27 PM
http://www.westernleatherholster.com/western-movie-holsters/

Scroll down to #HH-44 ~ COWBOYS BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE PLAINS SLIM JIM

Got it and thanks Ross.  ;D
Myself I would have advertised a little better that fact that my leather was used in the movie if I was them.  ;)

outrider

It appeared to me that the blackbelt was a shotgun belt with brass shot shells in it...the guy was packing a shotgun
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

David Carrico

The shotgun belt hanging on Buck Taylor's saddle horn was mine. It's right at 28 seconds. I rented two of them to the show.

outrider

SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

will ghormley

The photo of one like the one in the movie looks exactly like something from my Forty-Niner pattern pack.  Easy to make, just like in the movie!

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

outrider

Will,

My thought exactly...I even brought up a picture of your 49er to show Paula....she agreed
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

JD Alan

I would have thought they'd use a better quality belt buckle for Harrison Ford's rig. It looks like a fairly cheap Tandy item. Sure injoyed the movie though!
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

will ghormley

Yeah, I just watched "Appaloosa" again this evening and noticed how may guys were wearing the Tandy "Cody" buckle.  I used it on Charlie Prince's "Flames of Hell" rig because I thought it would fit his flamboyant character, (overly decorated and inexpensively made).  However, the buckle tears up the belt tongues and is harder to cinch than most buckles.

Will
"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Rossmaker

I second that, the cody buckle is really rough on the belts. I've used them a couple times and they eat up the toungue in no time!

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

outrider

SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com