KVC will be hosting The Grand Army of the Frontier (GAF) Grand Muster Oct 28-30

Started by Windy City Joe, August 05, 2011, 10:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windy City Joe

Mark your calendars, October 28 - 30, 2011. Kansas Vigilance Committee (NCOWS) will be hosting The Grand Army of the Frontier (GAF) Grand Muster. The muster will be at Garnett , Kansas (zip code 66032) 75 miles SW of Kansas City, MO. (N38* 15.363" / W095* 12.992") Registration will be open to anyone (GAF, NCOWS, SASS) and will be limited to 30 shooters.
Registration forms will be available on the dispatches page of the Grand Army's Web site at a later date. Registration fee will be $65.00 per shooter. Extra Saturday night meal for non-shooters $10.00 each.
This muster will be a primitive camping event (pre-1900), meal will be provided Saturday night, all other meals can be bought from Buck our chuck wagon cook ( four meals for $25.00 (Friday night, Saturday breakfast & lunch and Sunday breakfast), or participants can cook your own meals (wood provided). For those that do not want to do the primitive camping there is the Garnett Inn and RV Park (Sheila Woosley  785-448-6800 or www.garnettinnandrvpark.com) located 2.5 miles from the range. The planned activities include: A 200 yd target long range rifle match, a shorter long range pistol match and a GAF Expansion Era Match on Friday, Five steel target main match. One stage will be of the skirmish format in the woods. Bring plenty of ammo; there will be a few knock down targets. Exact round counts will be given later. If you have any items for sale or trade, bring them and setup a trade blanket. Please let me know if you are planning to attend so we can have an idea for the awards to order.
Windy City Joe
windy-city-joe@ncows.org

Windy City Joe

Registration should be on our web site by tomorrow and will be open to anyone in GAF, NCOWS or SASS, or want-a-be's

This muster will be a primitive camping event (pre-1900). Saturday night banquet meal will be provided; Banquet and uniform judging will be on site. Not wanting to do the primitive camping there is the Garnett Inn and RV Park (Sheila 785-448-6800 or www.garnettinnandrvpark.com) located 2.5 miles from the range.

A 200 yd target long range rifle match, a shorter long range pistol match and a GAF Expansion Era Match on Friday, Saturdays will have 8 stages with 2 of them being a skirmish format in the woods. Sunday's stage will be two stages 10 targets ea.

Windy City Joe

Windy City Joe

2011 Grand Muster Registration available now on the NCOWS web site.

(Bvt.) Lt. Col. Windy City Joe
Commanding the Division of Kansas
the Grand Army of the Frontier

Guns Garrett

WCJ,
Great news!  I really missed going to the Musters these past couple years, but I'm HOPING to get up to Garnett.  I'm starting a new job next week, so don't know how the time off will work out.  Here's hoping.

"Stand, gentlemen; he served on Samar"

GAF #301

Windy City Joe

Just picked up the 1st place mugs today. They look good.
WCJ

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com