Pattern for Wild Bunch Rig??

Started by Rossmaker, August 03, 2011, 09:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossmaker

Howdy pards! I am looking at making a wild bunch rig anyone out there have a good pattern or know where I could find one???
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them." (John Wayne, the Shootist)

will ghormley

Hey Ross,

By Wild Bunch rigs, do you mean holsters for the 1911?

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Slowhand Bob

Rossmaker, we have had several makers here who have done great looking Wild Bunch rigs.  Right now we have several posts running on this topic.  To help you zero in on who makes what you want,  tell us a bit about what you have in mind.  Do you like the idea of a rig to go with military costuming, or perhaps something an early turn of the century lawman might have worn and last but not least there are the cut down rigs made strictly for competition.  I'll bet if you are not sure there will be some guys here who can post pictures of some of their 1911 holsters and full rigs for you to get ideas.

I did try to do a search of past topics under Wild Bunch for you but my puter thing is having trouble on this site lately and I come up short on some options.  If yours does any better I will say that there have been posts here before that dealt with this subject and I even posted some early (in progress) patterns for Wild Bunch holsters and dbl mag pouch slides.   Good luck with your search.

Rossmaker

Quote from: will ghormley on August 03, 2011, 11:23:56 PM
Hey Ross,

By Wild Bunch rigs, do you mean holsters for the 1911?

Will

Yes a 1911 rig with mag holders.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them." (John Wayne, the Shootist)

Rossmaker

Quote from: Slowhand Bob on August 04, 2011, 07:22:10 AM
Rossmaker, we have had several makers here who have done great looking Wild Bunch rigs.  Right now we have several posts running on this topic.  To help you zero in on who makes what you want,  tell us a bit about what you have in mind.  Do you like the idea of a rig to go with military costuming, or perhaps something an early turn of the century lawman might have worn and last but not least there are the cut down rigs made strictly for competition.  I'll bet if you are not sure there will be some guys here who can post pictures of some of their 1911 holsters and full rigs for you to get ideas.

I did try to do a search of past topics under Wild Bunch for you but my puter thing is having trouble on this site lately and I come up short on some options.  If yours does any better I will say that there have been posts here before that dealt with this subject and I even posted some early (in progress) patterns for Wild Bunch holsters and dbl mag pouch slides.   Good luck with your search.

I am looking for more of a cut down rig with double mag pouch. I'll try and find a pic and post. Thanks!

Slowhand Bob

I started a topic asking pards to show us what they are making, if we get a good turnout I will also link this to other sites.

outrider

slowhand,

did you get the pictures I sent via email?
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com