Tippmann BOSS

Started by Boothill Bob, July 25, 2011, 04:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TN Mongo

Slowhand,

That model ran on compressed air and is no longer made.  I was told that when it was running, it worked well, but very few people could keep it functioning properly.

Slowhand Bob

Mine worked ok at low end speeds but timing was a problem beyond that for me.  If I get a chance I may try to get it running again but it does tend to be noisy in my small shop.  Setup and alignment adjustments are much cruder than on my Toro.  You can definitely see its relationship with the BOSS when you open it up.

Cliff Fendley

My friend Gil Hibben runs an Aerostitch and loves it. He even has an Adler and prefers the Aerostitch.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Slowhand Bob

Cliff, tell him to pack up the Adler and I will get my Aero ready to ship.   :)  Just teasing but I think if these machines had been manufactured in China (much lower cost) they would be the most popular hobby machine around.  I would have to search through some old receipts and paper work but I think these things were in the $3,000 range and that puts them in direct competition with some really nice JUKI clones.  As I have said before, if production is a big part of the equation, any machine will beat the stitching pony all day long.  I have not looked into them but I do see what appears to be hand cranked(rotary) machines advertised in the SM@LCJ, here is where a flywheel hookup to a treadle should work?  Pleasant Valley used to be a big promoter and seller of the Tippman also, until somebody got unhappy???

Cliff Fendley

I guess it's whatever your used too and he has been using the Aerostitch for years before getting the Adler. I think where he likes the Aerostitch is it is pretty much a stitch at a time with the air operation and easier for him to stop, turn, or backup on the ends and corners.

I've messed with it very little but personally I think the Adler is an awesome machine and it is very much like my Cobra. I guess all those machines are based on the same design.

His brother, another friend of mine as well has an old cast iron Tippman Boss and he loves it.

The biggest thing I've noticed about the Tippman is the back stitches dont look that great. It's probably a matter of adjustment on the different materials but the thing about the Cobra is once adjusted the back looks about as good as the front whether your sewing 8 oz or five 8oz layers. I do have a little problem with very thin stuff in the turns not looking as good as I would like but for the most part no adjustment is needed from sewing a belt all the way up to 3/4 inch thick material.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com