willy

Which guns were produced first ?
1.open top
2.Richards
3. Richard Mason
And what calibers were they ?

Long Johns Wolf

Colt Army 1860 Richards in .44 Colt.
Richards and Richards&Mason in .44 Colt cal., the 1871-72 Open Top in .44 Henry/.42 Stetson RF cal.
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

willy

Thanks for the info L J W .

Slowhand Bob

In original guns the earliest versions would have likely been based on the 44 Henry round.  Im not into the historical aspects but I think they followed the original RF Henry with a center fire Henry???  I will look into the Venturino books, actually a fun read, and see if he has the answer.

Fox Creek Kid

Quote from: Slowhand Bob on July 23, 2011, 01:58:38 PM
In original guns the earliest versions would have likely been based on the 44 Henry round.  Im not into the historical aspects but I think they followed the original RF Henry with a center fire Henry???...

Nope. The earliest were .44 Colt. The .44 S&W (before the .44 American) & the .44 American were basically a .44 Henry ctg. made as central fire.

S&W sold a lot of No. 3 revolvers in .44 Rimfire. The vast majority went to Mexico & South America. Colt chambered the '72 Open Top in .44 Stetson Rimfire, which only they made as they owned the patent. Other makers' .44 Rimfire would not chamber in the '72 OT.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com