Period Correct Shoots

Started by Cherokee Reb, July 21, 2011, 04:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pancho Peacemaker

We (NCOWS) enjoy shooting our way. 

If other folks (IDPA, SASS, IPSC, etc...) like to shoot another way, we need to do our best to support them.  I don't attend many other styles of shooting because I have found my place in NCOWS.  Because I enjoy NCOWS, I don't feel the need to cr*p on others enjoying their 2nd Ammendment Rights.

Supporters of the 2nd Ammendment have enough enemies out there in the world.  We don't need to hurt ourselves by dividing ourselves.

If you know folks who enjoy shooting, consider them brothers and sisters.  If we don't, our right to enjoy our sport will become difficult to defend.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Delmonico

Quote from: Pancho Peacemaker on July 22, 2011, 10:59:43 AM
We (NCOWS) enjoy shooting our way. 

If other folks (IDPA, SASS, IPSC, etc...) like to shoot another way, we need to do our best to support them.  I don't attend many other styles of shooting because I have found my place in NCOWS.  Because I enjoy NCOWS, I don't feel the need to cr*p on others enjoying their 2nd Ammendment Rights.

Supporters of the 2nd Ammendment have enough enemies out there in the world.  We don't need to hurt ourselves by dividing ourselves.

If you know folks who enjoy shooting, consider them brothers and sisters.  If we don't, our right to enjoy our sport will become difficult to defend.

Pancho

Well said, it is amazing how many times shooters are worse enemies than Sarah Brady, although folks like her love it when we fight among ourselves.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

jefff

ask not what your club can do for you,but ask what you can do for your club.if you see changes that you think need to made then offer to pay and set up those changes.you will have the thanks of everyone.but i suggest that you spend some time working with a set up crew to find out how much effort is envolved before suggesting change.jefff

Cherokee Reb

It's more of the mindset of the participants. If I am shooting with a group that touts themselves as striving for historical correctness, I would be shocked to see so much modern gear so visibly used.

I am not wanting to change the world, only have folks think about the premise of the sport and see what they can do on an individual basis to make it better.

This has nothing to do with the set up crews.

CR
Member SASS,NCOWS and Knob Creek Regulators

Cherokee Reb

Quote from: Delmonico on July 22, 2011, 11:05:40 AM
Well said, it is amazing how many times shooters are worse enemies than Sarah Brady, although folks like her love it when we fight among ourselves.

So...are you agreeing with me or saying i should let it alone ? 

My suggestion is that we look to ourselves to make NCOWS the historically correct group it was stated to be.

CR

Delmonico

Quote from: Cherokee Reb on July 22, 2011, 12:10:25 PM

So...are you agreeing with me or saying i should let it alone ? 

My suggestion is that we look to ourselves to make NCOWS the historically correct group it was stated to be.

CR

That can be done with out bitching about others, that is what hurts everyone.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Cherokee Reb

Quote from: Delmonico on July 22, 2011, 12:15:11 PM
That can be done with out bitching about others, that is what hurts everyone.

You are right. I'm a newbie and should not offend the status quo. My most humble apology for any offence.

Now I'm off to finD me an orange nylon chair and a leopard print sippy cup 8)... 8).....

JEEZ.......

Delmonico

Quote from: Cherokee Reb on July 22, 2011, 12:22:57 PM
You are right. I'm a newbie and should not offend the status quo. My most humble apology for any offence.

Now I'm off to finD me an orange nylon chair and a leopard print sippy cup 8)... 8).....

JEEZ.......

So explain why bitching about how other shooting groups helps the sport?  As I said, if you don't like how a certain group does things either find a group that does as you like or start a new group.  That's why NCOWS and GAF were formed.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Cherokee Reb

Quote from: Delmonico on July 22, 2011, 12:32:41 PM
So explain why bitching about how other shooting groups helps the sport?  As I said, if you don't like how a certain group does things either find a group that does as you like or start a new group.  That's why NCOWS and GAF were formed.

That was a joke. I've seen pics of you camp and i only wish that everyone took the pride and effort  you do. I need to wander up to your monthly shoot. I think it would be more as I envisioned it.

I never bitched about any other group, and certainly am happy with the local posse. Just saying anything can be made better!

CR

Delmonico

Quote from: Cherokee Reb on July 22, 2011, 12:45:57 PM
That was a joke. I've seen pics of you camp and i only wish that everyone took the pride and effort  you do. I need to wander up to your monthly shoot. I think it would be more as I envisioned it.

I never bitched about any other group, and certainly am happy with the local posse. Just saying anything can be made better!

CRA

OK, sorry I took it wrong.  So many bitch about SASS but makes no effort to really do anything about forming a group to do things more correct.  SASS folks have fun doing what they like and are fellow shooters brothers and sisters so to speak. 

I've got two more big events this year and the moving, but there is still a lot to be done with the camp.  I need to be able to afford to trade up to an F-350 or F-450 and I really need a pretty good size trailer.  Plus this winter is going to be damn busy working on gear. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Cherokee Reb

My camps though the years has ranges from a 6x9 canvas for a leanto, to an 18 ft teepee and a Marquis tent and most things in between, so I feel your pain.

CR

Delmonico

Quote from: Cherokee Reb on July 22, 2011, 01:00:57 PM
My camps though the years has ranges from a 6x9 canvas for a leanto, to an 18 ft teepee and a Marquis tent and most things in between, so I feel your pain.

CR

I couldn't haul a tent if I owned one so it's the bedroll for me.

But if the weather gets bad someone always has room for the cook out of the rain. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Cherokee Reb

That's my speed but my wife keeps muttering something about walls and a roof...

Delmonico

Quote from: Cherokee Reb on July 22, 2011, 01:14:41 PM
That's my speed but my wife keeps muttering something about walls and a roof...

My wife has no interest in what I do, well at least going along, she has this picture of me on her desk at work:

But she don't expect me to go to scrap booking events either. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Books OToole

Quote from: Cherokee Reb on July 22, 2011, 12:22:57 PM

JEEZ.......

I had a director's chair with a Degas print on the seat and back.  Degas is of the NCOWS era, is he not. ;) ;D

Books

G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Caleb Hobbs

I'll add my suport to Cheorkee Reb's suggestion. There needs to be exceptions to every rule -- weather extremes or physical problems are a couple of examples that come quickest to mind -- but it seems to me that if we did it for the buckskinning period, we can strive for it in this era, too.

Delmonico

I am going to add a weather radio with an alert to my gear, hidden of course, some places where I go you don't see them till they are on you, just common sense.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Major 2

Here you go Del...and this one is PC  ;D

Smokey Mountain Weather Rock ..dam accurate too  ;)
when planets align...do the deal !

Delmonico

Yeah but when there is a tornado I'd like to know it's coming before the gone stage. ;D  Heck I don't need a rock for that. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

litl rooster

Quote from: Delmonico on July 23, 2011, 02:57:50 AM
Yeah but when there is a tornado I'd like to know it's coming before the gone stage. ;D  Heck I don't need a rock for that. ;D

How would know if it is accurate?
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com