This Cowboy is HOT..

Started by Cash Creek, July 19, 2011, 01:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cash Creek

We got just a little bit of rain here in Evansville, the temp has drop it 75 right now..
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

Tascosa Joe

108 today at Alliance Air Port about 2 miles from my house.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Drayton Calhoun

The temp is around 100 here in Bama every day and the humidity stays around 60% no breeze except for the occasional afternoon shower which just makes it worse when the sun comes back out. Need scuba gear just to go out to the car!
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Tjackstephens

Drayton, Only 98 here today. I remember those hot July and Aug. days in Alabama. Lived at Town Creek, AL for 11 years. North AL  half way between Decatur and Muscle Shoals. Try and stay cool.  and Roll Tide!!   Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Tascosa Joe

Yesterday was 32 days straight over 100 in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.  The record is 42, the TV weatherman says that record may be in jepordy.  Set a record for the day 110.  Record all time high is 113.  Saturday is supposed to be down to 105.  It will make for a warm shoot at the Berger Sharp Shooters.

Texas Lawdog

I am in the same heat wave with Joe. That record of 113 may get broke either today or tomorrow. More A/C for me and my dog. My wife is working at her school in preparation for the new school year. The A/C at her school ibroken and a new system is being installed. I bought her a couple of box fans to use in her room. She works from 0630 to 1030.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Tascosa Joe

TLD:
Make sure your wife takes water to school and stays hydrated.   Indoors with no A/C is just as bad as being outside.
T-Joe

Texas Lawdog

Joe, She's a lot better than I am about drinking water. THe school is only about 3 or 4 years old and the entire A/C system has to be replaced. It sounds like the school district needs to sue the company that installed it. This spell has a good start to catch and pass the heat wave of 1980.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Pancho Peacemaker

I've spent all but 3 of my 42 years in Texas. The worst temp I've personally been in was a mercury reading of 113. That was august of 1980 on a ranch outside of Cotulla, Texas (South Texas between SA and Laredo).  We were setting and painting deer blinds.  I really hope I never see that temp again.

I'm in Florida now enjoying some nice cool 90 degree temps with a nice cool rain shower just about every afternoon. 

Pancho

NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Delmonico

At the GAF Muster this weekend it wasn't as bad as it's been.  But I did see 115 on the thermometer I had in the cooking area.  At least I don't have to be right there for long stretches. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Texas Lawdog

I was working patrol in 1980 on the day shift. My unit was scheduled for replacement that year. The A/C went out it cost too much to replace it. I transfered to nights and spent the rest of that hot summer on the night shift. It was warm at night but not hot as during the day.

Tascosa Joe

Yesterday ended our streak of over 100 degree days at 41.    1980 holds the record of 42 days in a row of over 100 and we had 69 days of over 100 for the year.  We are now at 55 total for the summer of 11.  The weather folks on TV say we have lots more to come.

Texas Lawdog

We had that cold front come through and drop our temp. to about 96 yesterday. I wa sure we were gonna beat that 1980 record. They keep saying that rain is coming on Sunday, I will believe it when I can feel the rain hit my bald head.

Cash Creek

Don't mean to rub it in but right now at 12:40 pm..it's 80..in Evansville..today would be a good day for a NCOWS shoot..CC
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

Tascosa Joe

TLD:  I hear you about the rain on the old bald head.
CC:  Can you guarentee 80 in Evansville for next years National?

T-Joe (at least as bald as TLD)

Tjackstephens

Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Cliff Fendley

I hope the weather at next years national is like we are having now. We are making up for hotter than normal temps earlier in the summer, it's only 85 and 36% humidity, feels like September weather in August. Of course with had July weather in June so go figure.

I hope it stays cool the rest of the summer.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Texas Lawdog

Bro.CC, I don't appreciate you "rubbing it in" on us poor bald headed Texans down here. I hope you get a case of frostbite up there in your cool country.(I'm smiling).

Tjackstephens

Brother Jim, Got to tell you, some of the largest snow storms in Kentucky have been in March. When is our Convention? Tj  :D

Texas Lawdog

Bro TJ, I wish you hadn't said that. I woke up at 0445 this morning to rain and thunder.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com