This Cowboy is HOT..

Started by Cash Creek, July 19, 2011, 01:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cash Creek

Cowboy shoot in the heat is not real good,  ;) but mowing grass in the heat SUCKS,  :o hey Texas Jack do you have any goats down there in Kentucky besides the ones we use in Lodge that you would like to rent out to help with my grass..CC
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

Delmonico

Quote from: Cash Creek on July 19, 2011, 01:27:28 PM
Cowboy shoot in the heat is not real good,  ;) but mowing grass in the heat SUCKS,  :o hey Texas Jack do you have any goats down there in Kentucky besides the ones we use in Lodge that you would like to rent out to help with my grass..CC

Ya want to be the cooks helper sometime in the heat?

I do offer a bit of shade, was around 100F here, not sure the HI, the cook area gets a bit warmer. ;D

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Pancho Peacemaker

Our heat is bad (as usual), but this year sure is DRY.  We haven't had even a drizzle since Memorial Day.

Creeks and lakes are all down.  The little creek behind my house is all dried up.

Crops are withering in fields unless they are heavily irrigated.

Unirrigated ground is hard and cracked.

Bad summer all around,

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Rowdy Fulcher

Howdy Pards
In this weather it's good to be a Coal Miner .  ;D ;D ;D

Cash Creek

Pancho:
   Here in southern Indiana we are over on rainfall for the year, the field across from my house has soy beans in it and they look great..last year was our dry year..

In NCOWS is it approved for my wife to come along when I shoot and hold a umbrella for me so I can shoot in the shade???  ;D
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

Tjackstephens

Cash, Now really, can you get your wife to do that? Tj  ;D
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Cash Creek

Tj:
I going to bring her along on the Green River Shoot..so she can fix my lunch, wipe the sweat off my head, and bring me water, I'm working on getting her to clean my guns also.. ;D

Cliff Fendley

A dry heat is hot but the humidity is what makes it bad. It's unreal the difference between a day with 30% compared to 80+% we have right now.

Even though it was hot today it wasn't as bad as they weather man said it would be, they were saying heat index of 105 in Louisville area today but at least we had a decent breeze, that makes all the difference.

The thing about Kentucky is it doesn't really stay super hot or cold for very long, I'm not sure if that is bad or good though since about the time you get used to it the weather changes.

I know in the winter if we have an extended cold spell you get used to it after a while. The air starts feeling drier after it's been cold for extended periods. I'm usually my coldest when the weather is in the 40's. I dress the same when hunting at 40 degrees or 0.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Tjackstephens

Cliff, That's true. If you don't like the weather here in Kentcky, just wait a little while and it WILL change. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Cash Creek

just came back in the house from letting the dog out and it still warm out 81..time is 3:11 am..

Cliff Fendley

Not going to get any cooler if your weather is same as ours Cash. Temps will be crowding the 100 mark with heat index of 110-115 today and tomorrow.

I'm doing as much as possible this morning. It's only 75 now after last nights storms. Problem is it just makes it like a rain forest once the day heats up.

TJ, your right and they say the extreme weather changes along with our limestone spring water is what makes for good Kentucky bourbon so I guess it's all good :D

Johnson County Rangers

Tascosa Joe

I live close to Pancho, we have had 18 days straight of over 100 degree temps and there is no relief in site.  We have had 25 or so days over 100 so far this year.  Neither is a record, yet! From North Central Texas south and east is not a low humidity area, just no rain.  I liked eastern Colorado where a high humidity day was 20%.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Tjackstephens

Cliff, they say the old moonshiners use to make their brew (distill the corn mash) in caves. Some would sat around in the cave and sample. Of couse the caves here in Kentucky stay around 56 degrees year round. On days like today as soon as they went out they would pass out. They say the limstone water is the best for KY bourbon. Tj

Cash, I've got to mow today, if you have found those goats bring them over. Tj

joec

Well as a transplant to Kentucky about 9 years ago from South Florida it isn't that bad here. I was born and raised in Miami spending my summers at my father's fishing camp in Big Pine Key. I also lived in Louisiana and SE Texas for 10 years. All of those places have a pretty steady 80%+ humidity with the only saving grace in Miami and the Keys is the breeze off the ocean. The worse was in Texas and Louisiana as we saw little breeze regardless of the temps.  To me Kentucky is about perfect most of the time and was fine at the last meet with the JCR earlier this month.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Cash Creek

Put a small A/C in the garage today now I can make some bullets..  ;D Wife not so happy.. :o wifes just don't understand..

Cliff Fendley

This is good weather for making bullets. Just put the pot on your truck hood :D

Johnson County Rangers

Tascosa Joe

We are now at 20 days straight over 100.  No end in sight.  Luckily the HI is only in the 105 range.

Texas Lawdog

Bro. Cash, I wish you a lot of luck with your wife taking care of you at the range. I live half way between Dallas and Fort Worth on I 30. It's been hot as of late, I hope we are not on a record setting pace with 1980. I am spending most of my spare time in the house with the A/C on.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Tascosa Joe

We hit 22 days straight of over 100 degress yesterday.  5th longest streak on record for North Central Texas (DFW).  Today makes 23.  The record was set in 1980 of 42 days straight.  I sure dont want to beat the record.  Come on November.

T-Joe

Tjackstephens

Sunday evening and it is raining here in Hartford, KY. Temp has really dropped and will be a good night for sleeping. Really feels good outside. Tj  :D

TJ wish I could share it with you all in Texas. Have several cousins that live there and would like to have this rain. Tj

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com