Calvin Coolidge Story

Started by Old Doc, July 08, 2011, 01:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Doc

I recently got an e-mail from USFA that they were going to be closed 2 weeks for vacation. It reminded me of the story about the famous wit,  Dorothy Parker, who when notified that former President Calvin Coolidge had died, reportedly replied, "How could they tell ?"

Major 2

when planets align...do the deal !

Fox Creek Kid

"During a tour of a poultry farm, Mrs. Coolidge inquired of the farmer how his farm managed to produce so many eggs with such a small number of roosters. The farmer proudly explained that his roosters performed their duty dozens of times each day.

"Perhaps you could point that out to Mr. Coolidge" replied the First Lady in a pointedly loud voice.

The President overhearing the remark, asked the farmer, "Does each rooster service the same hen each time?"

"No" replied the farmer, "there are many hens for each rooster".

"Perhaps you could point that out to Mrs. Coolidge," replied the President.

;D :o ;)

Old Doc

And then there was the one about the society matron who approached "Silent Cal" at a cocktail party and gushed, "Oh Mr. President, I have a bet with a friend that I can get you to say at least three words." His replay was, "You lose !
"
As for preferring him to Obama, perhaps Silent Cal would not have been so silent if he had a tele-prompter.

Doc H

And then there's the one asked of Mr. Coolidge as he departed church on Sunday:

"What was the minister's sermon about, Mr. President?"

"Sin," replied the laconic Calvin.

Trying to get a little more prose for the news, the questioner asked "And what did the Reverend have to say about sin Mr. President?"

"He was against it," replied Cal....

;)

Virginia Gentleman

Calvin Coolidge looks like Lincoln compared to Obama mama!  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com