Surprise Birthday Gift

Started by The Swede, July 07, 2011, 12:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swede

Me and a Pard went out to our cowboy range for some practice today. It's my 50th birthday today, so I wanted to take easy and fire a few rounds at our cowboy town. At one point this afternoon all these people I know start showing up (family, friends). Turns out my very dear wife set it up for us to have a party at the cowboy range. A BBQ, and a surprise gift! A brand new Uberti Schoflield with a 5 1/2 inch barrel. I was surprised! What a fantastic woman! I am blessed.

Swede

Qball

What a great way to spend your big day  ;D
Happy birthday.
WartHog
SCORRS
SootLord
STORM

The Swede

Quote from: Qball on July 07, 2011, 05:33:06 AM
What a great way to spend your big day  ;D
Happy birthday.
Thanks Partner. Birthday's over... Back to the salt mines!

Swede

Irish Dave

Sounds like a keeper.   
        ....And your wife, too. ;D
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Coal Creek Griff

I read your post to my wife, but I'm not sure she took the hint.

Congratulations!
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

The Swede

She's my best friend, and the greatest source of support a man could ever have.  ;D

Swede

Major 2

That is very cool...

I know first hand the feeling....

My wife pull a similar coop on me...1999 few days before Christmas, I got a call from my Friend (store owner & FFL)
He requested, I stop by " he had a something CW era he needed me to looked at and appraise , ( I don't even remember what it was )
He asked what time I might get be able to get in ... at the allotted time I arrived to find a few buddies ( not uncommon as we often hang out a the gun shop)
Richard greets, shows me the ruse  :-\   then mentions the Military Model 1860 Henry in the glass show case all alone.
He knows I like them and knew I had to sell ( on consignment) my old one years earlier when my daughter was born (we needed the extra cash)
I comment it's very nice a bit to steep for my blood at Christmas time though.... :-[

He hands it to me and say's Its YOURS , My wife had set me up.... no BBQ or cake but I know how you feel  ;D
both my wife and the Henry are KEEPERS !  :D
when planets align...do the deal !

The Swede

Quote from: Major 2 on July 09, 2011, 04:30:35 AM
That is very cool...

I know first hand the feeling....

My wife pull a similar coop on me...1999 few days before Christmas, I got a call from my Friend (store owner & FFL)
He requested, I stop by " he had a something CW era he needed me to looked at and appraise , ( I don't even remember what it was )
He asked what time I might get be able to get in ... at the allotted time I arrived to find a few buddies ( not uncommon as we often hang out a the gun shop)
Richard greets, shows me the ruse  :-\   then mentions the Military Model 1860 Henry in the glass show case all alone.
He knows I like them and knew I had to sell ( on consignment) my old one years earlier when my daughter was born (we needed the extra cash)
I comment it's very nice a bit to steep for my blood at Christmas time though.... :-[

He hands it to me and say's Its YOURS , My wife had set me up.... no BBQ or cake but I know how you feel  ;D
both my wife and the Henry are KEEPERS !  :D

My wife is definitely a keeper Too!

Swede

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com