El Paso will not make right with me on this hoslter

Started by Marshal Deadwood, June 29, 2011, 03:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curley Cole

The lines of your holster are pretty similar to that of mine, but mine was made by RedDog Leather to fit a 75 Remington. and my gun fits like a glove.

Sorry about yer woes. I had great service from EPS. The second Duke rig I ordered came with a red money belt, I sent it back and the looked around until they found some creme leather and send me the appropriate belts (see pix.)

However, that great service was over 25 years ago. Times and help change...

sorry you have to eat the error. One should be proud of their gear.

curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Marshal Deadwood

Thanks guys,,,at least what you have said convinces me I'm not crazy ,,or overly whinny. But, I have a Duke rig, and a slilm jim from El Paso that are just what they are suppose to be. Who knows what happened,,,it happening doesn't bother me near as much as the fact they won't amend the situation.

Guess I'll keep it for a 'beater' holster but I sure am ashamed to drag it out in front of my other pistolero pards.

MD

Major 2

Curley your slimjjm is very nice...it has a far nicer Main seam than the one Deadwood received...

His is not all that bad just very different from the center holster in the El Paso photo.
when planets align...do the deal !

Curley Cole

It is really sad you can not get it corrected. My guy at RedDog makes things to my order. The rig I pictured was exactly what I requested. (when I first ordered from him, I didn't realize that I had to specify exactly what I wanted ie the cant of holster etc..)
now he gives me exactly what I requested. That pix was for a double crossdraw on a variation of a fair weather christian belt. I let him tool to his choice, as always.)

While EPS isn't really a "custom" shop, you would at least expect the results to look like the pix in the catalogue...

once again sorry you have to "live"  with it. (at least it ain't real ugly...)

curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

Marshal Deadwood

Those are two fine Duke rigs. Like I said I have a Duke rig from EPS and it looks just like yours,,a fine rig. The Duke rigs are about as comfortable as I've worn.

MD

Abilene

El Paso Saddlery's website lists both the 1870 Slim Jim and the  1849 Californian holsters as being "Available for all Single Actions and Percussion Pistols."  Could yours have been made for a percussion gun and the longer section is for a rammer?  Just a guess.

Slickshot

I have since went to their website and see exactly what you are talking about.  I totally agree with you.  Here's the correct profile shown on their own website [img].

Are you absolutely sure you ordered it correctly and didn't hit a button for a different model gun?

If everything is correct - El Paso should make it "RIGHT".

Hope all works out for you.

Slickshot

Marshal Deadwood

yep, i told them for a 7 1/2" barrel SAA. I tired one'a my percussion armies in it,,,and the 8" barrel is too long,,and it fits too lose,,,the SAA fits perfectly.

MD

rebsr52339

I am "usually" tolerant of some small discrepancies in any order for goods I receive. Yours is not a small error and you are right in the comparison, it is ugly compared to the correct outline on other one. Real sorry for your loss. Americans should never do this to another person especially to another American.  :-[
Bowie Knife Dick
NCOWS #3318
SASS #87007
RATS #564
ABKA #23

Doug.38PR

my two cents: Looking at all the pictures you've posted Marshall, I can see the difference between their photo and the one you got.   Personally, it doesn't look like a big deal.  Doesn't look like a problem. Looks like a great holster.  I personally wouldn't make an issue of it.   HOWEVER, having said all that, with the kind of money El Paso charges, YOU (the customer) shouldn't have ANY complaints and should be able to get what you pay for. 

Have you talked to the owner?

Old Doc

I would make an issue of it !! Nice looking holster or not , it's not the holster they picture on the website and they are refusing to make it right !
Merchants like this forget that today we are in the age of the internet. Unlike the old days, problems can get wide exposure.
I do not think your asking them to fix the problem is unreasonable. They should do it without your having to ask. There can be two sides to every story but I fail to see theirs . There is the old axiom, "Don't get mad, get even."You have at least gotten even by sharing your story. Whatever money they have saved by not it right, they will lose in others learning of your experience and not patrnizing them.

Marshal Deadwood

What could I do,,,I've went to them already ?

The State Atourney General perhaps ?

I'm interested.

MD

Old Doc

Quote from: Marshal Deadwood on July 04, 2011, 06:24:44 PM
What could I do,,,I've went to them already ?

The State Atourney General perhaps ?

I'm interested.

MD
I was commenting on Doug saying he wouldn't make an issue of it. I think you've done all you can do and I think by posting your problem here you've gotten your "pound of fleash". The internet is the modern day version of driving around town with "LEMON" painted on the car that the dealer won't fix. Just out of curiosity, what exactly have they said in their defense ?

Marshal Deadwood

The last time I talked to them,,after they sent it back untouched,,,the guy said.........'I ran it by all the people here and they all say that it's just what you ordered." (or words to that effect)

Really, I was curious about a legal avenue,,but ,,,now I just feel that I'll keep it (have to anyways I suppose) and be wise enough to never order from El Paso Saddlery ever again.

I had Ten Wolves build me a holster and you outta see it.........perfection. So, I guess I don't need to chance EPS again anyways.

As I said before, I just appreciate the comments proving I wasn't a nut case after all and that the holster is just.......................wrong.

MD

Curley Cole

Well, maybe you can be comforted by the fact that they are getting alot of bad "word of mouth" here and this will spread......

It appears that the EPS is not the same as the shop we knew of old.

Most folks (I know that my leather man would) would go to great lengths to keep the customer happy because the "good" word of mouth is advertising that you can NEVER buy, at any price.

So, in some ways you have gotten your payback on them. If just one or two folks don't shop with them in the future. Well, good job.

I for one, doubt I will be going back to them any time soon. (of course I have 2 duke rigs and they won't wear out very soon considering I have already had them over 25 years...

\good shootin
curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

Major 2

Just for the heck of it I sent this link to El Paso...should they bother to read it,  they'd be aware  :-\
I put El Paso on my short RED FLAG list.... There several other sources, some right here on the Leather Forum that can compete for your $$$$

I did the very same when Dirty Billy Hat's in Gettysburg took my CC Feb 22 th. and failed to ship... twice saying it was to be delivered by a certain date... March 11th. then March 14th .
I called to check on my order after the 14th. , and he lied to me twice....could not provide a Tracking Number then called canceling my order proving he had never shipped it or even made it !  ::)
I never got the hat, and it took two months to get the disputed CC charge completed.

Dirty Billy aptly named indeed  >:(

Marshal Deadwood

You are right, Major, there are enough guys right here,,that can equal  EPS work.

It's just very disheartening to know that my dollar was ALL someones focus was on and that good, quality and CORRECT work was not in their formula.

Thanks for the interest shown by all of you on this thread

MD

ChuckBurrows

Mike you do have some options:

1) Contact the El Paso Better Business Bureau and file a complaint - http://elpaso.bbb.org/

2) If it was shipped by mail there is in fact possible mail fraud - contact the US Post Office -  be sure to have the pictures, etc to prove the diference.

3) If you paid by Credit Card report it to them....they should be able to get your money back........

4) Sell what you have and use the money to buy from some one else

Major 2 - check out Tim Bender for hats - excellent quality at avery good rpice and he can make much more than that shown on his site........www.benderhats.com
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

Major 2

Chuck

I contacted Tim some weeks back and placed a order ... he said by the 4th week of July.
He has not hit my CC, I expect he will when he's ready to ship.

The issue I had with Dirty Billy was he lied ...had a real attitude when I called to check why My hat was
later than when he said it was to arrive... twice...
He hung up on me ...the second time ... then he would not answer his phone.
I called from a different phone with a different area code and he answered...
When he realized it was me again he hung up again...called back about an hour later and said he canceled my order and would never take another order from me...  ( dam right about that ! )
Proves he never shipped it probably never made it...

I since spoke to others that say Yeah ...he's like that...  ::)

Major 2

Quote from: Marshal Deadwood on July 05, 2011, 05:14:42 AM
You are right, Major, there are enough guys right here,,that can equal  EPS work.

It's just very disheartening to know that my dollar was ALL someones focus was on and that good, quality and CORRECT work was not in their formula.

Thanks for the interest shown by all of you on this thread

MD

Marshal Deadwood  Suprise CHECK THIS OUT
this is the email I got in responce to my link to El Paso ( he seems to think I bought the Holster  ::))

As I have said before that is the style of the holster, that is way it is cut...nothing can be done to correct whatever you think is wrong with this holster.  If you do not like it send it back and I will refund the cost of the holster and let you trade it for another style of holster.  I have looked at that picture and have shown it to several people and no one finds any fault with it.  That is the style of the 1849 Californian for that gun.  If you don't like the holster we will credit your card for the purchase price.  Thank you.

Don
El Paso Saddlery

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2011 11:38 AM
To: info
Subject: An order

Suggest you read this and respond

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,38514.0/topicseen.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com