El Paso will not make right with me on this hoslter

Started by Marshal Deadwood, June 29, 2011, 03:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Deadwood

The lines of this holster is WAY OFF what it's suppose to be. After sending pictures,,,,,,,,,,,,,and then SENT THE HOLSTER itself back,,,,,,,,,,,,,they stilll refuse to do one thing to correct the issue. I've bought my last leather from El Paso Saddlery.

MD

Major 2

The Main seam lines ???

What is it supposed to be ?
when planets align...do the deal !

Marshal Deadwood

I'll 'try' to explain.

Were the belly of the holster comes curves back to the 'barrel' of the holster,,,it cruves back too far down. It's suppose to curve back to the slimmest part right at the end of the ejector rod housing,,and it doesn't. It curves back way to far 'down' the holster. That make's it just..ugly. I suppose it was cut wrong and then  they just 'went with it.'

Oh well.

Texas Lawdog

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Marshal Deadwood

What kinda chicken is that in your avatar, Rooster ? Gotta say pard, he doesn't look like a standard condition chicken.

wildman1

That, Sir, is the Chicken that put Colonel Sanders down.  ;) WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Old Doc

In comparing your holster to the one on their website, the "1849 Californian" you are correct. The holster on their site appears identical to yours including the carving, except for the lines of the holster. It should tuck in once under the triggerguard and again under the end of the ejector rod housing and then come straight down. Yours has a third tuck in.

I had an experience many years ago with them, where I ordered a holster for an 1851 Navy and the holster when it came was obviously too big. The gun would fall in and fall out. It finally occurred to me that they had sent me a holster for a Colt SAA, which has a beefier frame than the cap and ball Navy. I sent it back with a polite note explaining the problem. Rather than correcting their error, they sent my money back. You apparently were not so lucky. I believe they have a motto on their site that says something like "we are not happy until you are happy" but apparently they do not take it seriously.
When you put your experience together with stories I have heard about long waits for orders after charging your credit card up front , I'm not too inclined to order from them.

litl rooster

Quote from: Marshal Deadwood on June 29, 2011, 09:14:50 AM
What kinda chicken is that in your avatar, Rooster ? Gotta say pard, he doesn't look like a standard condition chicken.

Ah sed, Sun!...........   That ain't no chicken! That's a chicky babe wearin' capris 'n a tube top. Pic posted on the People of Wal Mart page.....

Mathew 5.9

Deadeye Don

I am just another consumer here, but that holster looks pretty good to me.  I will put a plug in for El Paso.  Everything I have ordered from them has be top notch in my opinion.  It is true they bill you up front and the wait is long, but I have never been dissapointed in the end product. 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Marshal Deadwood

Compare my holster with the one in the middle of THEIR photo. Not the profile of the 'belly', underside,,,bottom,,whatever you might wanna call it, and you will see what I'm talking about. A blind man could have done better. Having the last curve too far down the 'barrel' of the holster makes it look like saggy underwear. Not nearly as graceful as their add. Now, I have two other El Paso holsters that are fine. Does that excuse the third one being glitched ? I think not. But alas, I'm stuck. If any of you boys want this holster for 75 dollars plus 8 shipping, it's yours. It's in the same condition as I received it. Twice.

Major 2

I could see what you were saying, but standing alone in your photo it looked OK...
Now that you offer the comparison product advertisement photo its clear they are not one in the same...

Assuming they use a pattern & clicker its hard to imagine your holster being that far off.
I'd ask agian "what is it suppost to be for"  maybe a Star Revlover ???
That would be my guess  :-\

If El Paso motto is "we are not happy until you are happy" I'd show them this thread.
I'm not real favorable toward Companies with false Ad's
That and "It is true they bill you up front and the wait is long" would me looking elsewhere.

Marshal Deadwood

Major, it's for a SAA. Other than the obvious glitch it's a fine holster. Lined, it holds the SAA perfectly. Good quality leather and stitching. As you can see, the carving is really good. Just that one thing is 'not right'........but it's VERY not right.

Ive talked to them,,even sent it back once............but nothing changes. I just don't need more stress in trying to resolve the issue. I was firm, even strong with them..............they were just stronger in reply that it's mine ,,,all mine.........problem and all.

I just do not know where to go with this issue now, so I suppose it's a done deal and I'll just have to swallow the fact I have a sup par El Paso Saddlery screw up holster that their warranty was just so many hollow words and backed by zero integrity.

I go elsewhere for my  leather now. Ten Wolves and Chuck Burrows would never have pushed something like that on me. So, they get my business now.

MD

MD

Pettifogger

I know it won't make you feel any better, but on page 60 of the current edition of Guns of the Old West there is an El Paso Slim Jim and it has even less shape than yours.

RickB

Let me put in a plug for Will Ghormley. He made my first holster and belt rig and has made great rigs for various movies. Very top quality. Great guy too.

http://www.willghormley-maker.com/
Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

Jefro

Howdy Marshall, sorry to see this happen, I checked several other well know leather makers web sites as well as El Paso, and yours is not what's adveritised. I have bought from them before and been satisfied. It baffels me why they won't make you another holster :-\ Good Luck

Jefro :) Relax-Enjoy
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

Major 2

I'm trying to find reason the pattern is as Marshal Deadwood received...
Mistake ? seems they would not complete a mistake  
Modified Slim Jim for the SAA ?  WHY ?   My Slim Jim fits a SAA
I'm left with new guy screw up... dump it on the next poor slob that sent in an order, Sorry it was you Deadwood.  

Filed away in my memory.... Don't order from El Paso

And I'll  second ... Will G.

Marshal Deadwood

Mr Ghormley does make some fine looking leather goods. One to keep in mind for sure.

Major 2

He does...however those above are not his work  ;)

RickB

No, but the ones in the link I provided are his work.
Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com