Army Conversion in 44 Colt

Started by Buffalo Bruce, June 24, 2011, 07:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Anonymity breeds bravado.......especially over the internet!
http://cartridgeconversion.com
http://heelbasebullet.com
aka: Mayor Maynot KILLYA SASS #8038
aka: F. Alexander Thuer NCOWS #3809
STORM #400

Fox Creek Kid

Quote from: StrawHat on June 28, 2011, 06:36:39 AM
That is what I recalled also.  Is there a link or can you direct me to that source?  I recall it from reading in my youth but that was more than a few weeks ago and I can no longer find the source.

Thanks.

It's not in the Internet. It's in either the Kopec Colt book or the Pate S&W American book.

RebHolister

On the subject of unauthentic Piettas:
- Kenny Howe at R&D has used Piettas for Type 1 and 2 Colt 1860 Richards conversions.
- Bob Millington has used Piettas for Type 1 and 2 Richards conversions.
- Dennis Adler and Bob Millington used Pietta 1860 Colts and turned them into snub noses with birdshead grips. They built these
        for America Remembers.
Adler, Millington, and Howe build authentic guns and they have used Piettas.
Also, looking at the pictures of the Lonesome Dove Pea Eye conversions that Raven did for Adler, one is a Pietta.
If the Pietta 1860 is good enough for all of them, it should be good enough for us.
So, I commend people like HH and Raven for offering us an affordable choice in the Pietta.

Marshal Deadwood

I've never owned a Pietta, but isn't their quality now equal at least to the Uberti's ?

MD

RebHolister

Yes, Pietta has stepped up their quality.  I really enjoy mine.
Cabela's has them on sale for the holiday for $219 plus 50 cent shipping.
And with Cabela's if it has a problem, you can send it back and they will send you another one.

Raven

I can't buy them any cheaper at wholesale.

Great for the customer.......lousy for the small retailer. :P
We don't sell guns but I still feel for the small retailer.........Doesn't mean I wouldn't buy from Cabela's if I were you.

The small companies are what make this sport COOL as time goes by the big companies are going to make the sport BORING by making it impossible for the small guys to make  a profit.

Raven

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com