Can One remove the cylinder and load it on a Pietta Starr Pistol?

Started by WaddWatsonEllis, June 24, 2011, 04:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaddWatsonEllis

Hi,

I just bought a Pietta Starr reproduction, and was wondering if it would be an easy thing to remove the cylinder and reload it with my 'Tower of Power' loading tool?
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

WaddWatsonEllis

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

Four Eyes Henry

DWSA #102
SASS  #16042
BDS    #2197

He will come to your house carrying a sixpack of goodwill and joy. The Reverend Horton Heat

http://www.youtube.com/user/foureyeshenry1

Fox Creek Kid

Nope. Cool gun, but lousy design and the worst cylinder to load in history.

WaddWatsonEllis

Four Eyes Henry,

That I will indubitablbly do as soon as it arrives ..... and will let y'all know in this post how it went .....

Fox Creek Kid,

That is kinda what I was figurin' since no one was chirping up with exerience ... thanks!

NCOWS #3403

John Smith

Think that was one that I was just too slow to respond on.  I had a DA Starr that was problematic at best, had heard that the SAs were better.  I had a home made cylinder loader that worked OK.  I think it's a good design, easy to break down and clean.

WaddWatsonEllis

I think mine is one of the single actions ... I will find out when I get it.

And I already have the 'Tower of Power' for the two ROAs that I presently own ...

he pistol arrives ....

NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com