Ivory grips

Started by Pappy Hayes, June 20, 2011, 03:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pappy Hayes

I would like to put some imitation ivory grips on my pair of TypeII Richards conversions. What are some reasonably price ones that would be good?

Bottom Dealin Mike

I've used Buffalo Brothers with good effect.

Eagle Grips phony ivory is pretty nice.

Fox Creek Kid

Get the faux ivory checkered grips from Gripmaker.  You'll have to call him as his website hasn't been updated since Hector was a pup and they are not listed.

http://www.gripmaker.com/

hawkeye2

I have never seen a faux large enough to get that much ivory from, are they raising them commercially now like naugas?  Hormones?  ;D

Paladin UK

Fer Hawkeye2...

Quote I have never seen a faux large enough to get that much ivory from

You obviously aint seen the British Faux  ;)

Paladin (Whats gonna sit quiet fer a spell  ;D ) UK

I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Major 2

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on June 20, 2011, 11:58:58 PM
Get the faux ivory checkered grips from Gripmaker.  You'll have to call him as his website hasn't been updated since Hector was a pup and they are not listed.

http://www.gripmaker.com/

nice looking piece  ;)
when planets align...do the deal !

Fox Creek Kid

Thanks, Major Deuce!!  ;)

Mako

Quote from: Paladin UK on June 22, 2011, 02:00:24 PM
Fer Hawkeye2...

You obviously aint seen the British Faux  ;)

Paladin (Whats gonna sit quiet fer a spell  ;D ) UK

I know faux hunting is popular in Britain (or was), I just never realized it was "big game"...That makes it a bit more interesting doesn't it? ;D

~Mako
A brace of 1860s, a Yellowboy Saddle Rifle and a '78 Pattern Colt Scattergun
MCA, MCIA, MOAA, MCL, SMAS, ASME, SAME, BMES

Paladin UK

Fer Mako.......

Yep Faux huntin is still Popular, the townies and town tank brigade have tried several times ta get it banned but a whole lotta Lords hunt Soooooo.... `nuff said  ;)

Paladin (What got soaked shootin yesterday  ::) ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Col.Will B.Havoc

Faux's are very difficult to hunt, as they inhabit the same range as the Jabberwock and the Bandersnatch ::)

Pappy Hayes

Fox Creek Kid how does the grip feel in your hand? I have thought about getting ones like that just did not know where to get them. thks

Major 2

Pappy

I did not care for smooth Faux Ivroys on my Remington so I went back to Walnut, but I like these on this Richards,
you feel some texture , but the points are blunt , overall it feels secure....sweaty hands seems to grip very well.

Fox Creek Kid

Quote from: Major 2 on June 23, 2011, 04:17:10 PM
Pappy

I did not care for smooth Faux Ivroys on my Remington so I went back to Walnut, but I like these on this Richards,
you feel some texture , but the points are blunt , overall it feels secure....sweaty hands seems to grip very well.

Pappy, I concur with Major Deuce 100%. Also, they just look classy as hell.  :)

Wild Bill Blackerby

I have "ivory" grips from Buffalo Brothers on my '72 Open Tops:

They actually seem to have yellowed over time - I've had them on about 7 years now.

For my Converted Navies I went with Tru-Ivory:

Worth the money, just takes longer to get done.

Either way they do get plenty of comments. :D
Long Blonde Smokin' Two Gun Plainsman

"The theater of Bill's life had come to demand that he walk up the center of a muddy street, rather than to use the boardwalk. He had discovered that being Wild Bill was a profession in itself."

http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/nhwildbill

Major 2

Aside form the above checkered on the Richards
I have smooth Buffalo Brother on this 2nd Gen Colt with an R&D Cyl.
The fit was not the very best , but I chose the aged w/ crack, so the minute shrinkage does kinda go with it.

I don't mind the smooth grips on the 60 Army frame, did not care for it on my Remy Conversion.

Buffalo Bruce

I used Tru-Ivory on a USFA Rodeo II. Was very happy with the result. They fitted them for 175.00. Buffalo Bruce

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com