I had a GREAT TIME at the 2011 NCOWS Nationals

Started by bowiemaker, June 12, 2011, 01:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowiemaker

I just wanted to say I had a fantastic weekend at the Nationals and thank you to everyone who made it such a fun event. Our hosts were fantastic, the facilities were top notch and all of the participants were like old friends to this newcomer. I am already looking forward to next year!
NCOWS #3405   RATS #612

Tjackstephens

bowiemaker, Was good to meet you. Glad you had a good time. I have to say all those that worked and shot through on Monday and Tuesday liked to have melted down. The cooler weather Saturday was sure a welcome. It did turn out to be a very good event and folks like you make it a worth while event. THANKS TO ALL THAT CAME. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Cash Creek

Good food, GREAT people, great facilities, did I say GREAT people..I made a lot of new friends..hope to see a lot of you again soon..please post pictures..
Long week but worth every minute of it..Cash Creek
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

John William McCandles

Just wanted to say what a great time I had at the nationals Friday and Saturday, met a number of great people.
This was the first time I had shot the nationals and want to thank all the members of posse 1 whom made it a pleasant experience and hope to see you all next year if not before.
Also thanks for making Sierra Sue feel welcome during Saturday's events even though she wasn't shooting.

Regards
JW
NCOWS #1792
SASS #963
STORM #59
Johnson County Rangers
The Old West Players
Alpine Outlaws (Inactive)
NRA Life
NAHC Life
U.S. Navy Submarine Service Retired

Cliff Fendley

It was my first Nationals too and had a great time meeting a bunch of folks and finally put some faces with the names.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Raton Rick

I too had a great time at the NCOWS Nationals. This was my third Nationals, and I always like to meet new new people as well as seeing old friends. Thanks again to Duke Henry, the WSSC,everyone on posse 1, and to all who helped make this match so much fun.
SASS #16908
NCOWS #2987
NRA Benefactor

Pancho Peacemaker

Thank you all for putting up with this bandito and my fellow Texicans.

Most of all, thank you for not hanging any of us.

Pancho (saddle sore from 700 mile wagon ride today)

P.S.  Big thanks to Duke and the WSSC.  Another stellar experience there.  I look forward to returning.

I should have some pictures uploaded to our web site later tonight.  It will mostly be posse 2, but I tried to get lots of everyone.  Our group took loads of pictures.  I'll be adding pictures throughout the week.

www.bergersharpshooters.com
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Cash Creek

Enjoy the slideshow..great pictures..hope to see you all next year at the National..CC
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

Tjackstephens

Pancho. Cash Creek is correct. We really enjoyed True Grit. Thanks again for bring it. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

jefff

thanks to all for putting up with me.duke henry,rob and heather, wssc,and all the members that made this a wonderful event.jeff farmer

Mansfield Slim

I had a great time and I am still amazed at how the last two years faded away when I saw all the familiar faces wandering around the range and camp. Thanks to all for the hospitality and great memories. How much longer until the 2012 Nationals?  ;D
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Cole Bluesteele

I agree the shoot was fun, WSSC is a fabulous venue, and their members go all out to make the National shoot a spectacular SPECTACULAR!  Hats off to Duke Hnery and his crew for a job well done.  And a tip of the hat also to all the NCOWS members who stepped up and donated a wagon load of door prizes.  Looking back, I have to say the best thing about this wonderful event is the NCOWS members.  The National shoot is more like a big family reunion.  Looking forward to next year already.

Ted

Pancho, thanks for the pictures.

jefff

great pics pancho,nice to see other nationalitys represented,all cowboys look the same to me.jeff

Cash Creek

Poncho who the guy in the brown karate gi with the Wok on his head??? ;D

Pancho Peacemaker

I just posted another 45 pictures sent to my by Mansfield:

http://www.bergersharpshooters.com

Click on the "Photos & Video" link

The National Match picture role is at the bottom of the screen.  If you click on the picture, it will enlarge to fill the screen.  The pictures can be downloaded by right clicking on them.  They are .jpg format and should be good enough to make small prints.

I'm working on getting some video posted to youtube also.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."

Pancho Peacemaker

Johnson Barr riding the mine car:

Tascosa Joe on Stage 1:

My now infamous "draw the empty pistol" stage
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

bowiemaker

NCOWS #3405   RATS #612

jefff

nice work bowiemaker,it was all most like i was there,but i was.jeff

River City John

Quote from: Cliff Fendley on June 12, 2011, 07:06:30 PM
It was my first Nationals too and had a great time meeting a bunch of folks and finally put some faces with the names.

Cliff,
I was proud that you took the time to stop by and jaw a bit in camp. Yes, you're right as rain, it means something to put flesh and blood to Cas City folks I meet in here. Enjoyed your conversation.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com