Apache Hard Sole Boots

Started by will ghormley, June 03, 2011, 11:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

will ghormley

Well, it took me a while, (and at least 12 different revisions and adaptations of the pattern and prototypes), but I've finally got a finished boot!  I don't have the pattern published, or the "How-To" booklet put together, but I didn't want to wait that long to share the first photos of the boot.  So, if you are interested in seein' the first of the Apache Hard Soled Boots, take a trip to the link below.  You'll have to scroll down a bit to see the Apache boot.

http://www.willghormley-maker.com/Moccasin-Trace.html

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Silent Joe

Nice work, Pard. They look very cool.

Mogorilla

THey look great.  I will start saving my pennies.

RickB

As always Will, superb work.

I'm still using an original holster and belt you built me many years ago.

I have to work with you on two holsters I want for a 7 inch Schofield and a 5 inch Wells Fargo model Schofield. I've been thinking about having you make these holsters for me for a while. Looking over your work in 3:10 to Yuma and the Jessie James rigs from the Brad Pitt movie gives me ideas of what I want. I just need to work out price and time with you.

Rick.
Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

Doc Arroyo

Quote from: will ghormley on June 03, 2011, 11:08:36 AM
So, if you are interested in seein' the first of the Apache Hard Soled Boots, take a trip to the link below. 

I love it>  I will me looking for a pattern and /or kit!

Great work, mi amigo!
Ain't like the old days, but it'll do!

Marshal Will Wingam

Those are really great looking boots. Another of your outstanding designs. Thanks for the heads-up.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

GunClick Rick

Where'd you find that Apache :o If i had legs like that i'd sue for lack of support!! :D

Well i gotta get one or two,i have to try it.. :) Very nice Will,alot of hard work for sure!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Pappy Hayes

Nice work Will. May have to look into these.

Chuck 100 yd

Lookin good Will !  I know a lot of work goes into developing a new pattern. Your`s are the best!!  ;)

Oregon Bill

Will: I read that the upturned toe on Apache footwear was a modification designed to keep cactus spines from penetrating the toe as the warrior ran through the desert scrub. Very practical. Good looking boots.

will ghormley

Thanks all for the kind words.  I think the turned up toes and contoured sides and heel are the most practical hard sole I've made yet.  They wear well and protect the feet on hard rugged surfaces.  I was campin' a couple weeks back and stubbed my toes too many times.  I was wearin' my Ute mocs and was wishin' I had been able to finish a pair of the Apache boots before the trip.  Kind'a hot for the humid heat we have here in Ioway country, but they'll certainly be fine come fall huntin'!

Forming and sewing the contoured sole is a little more involved than the other soles I've done.  It takes a few extra steps, but I've got a bunch of photos of the process.  Once you get into it, it's not hard, it's just extra work.

Will

Will Ghormley

Drayton Calhoun

Excellent style! The turned up toes are a big plus.
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

will ghormley

I finally got the Apache Boot pattern done!  Man was that an ordeal.  There are 70 photos in the free, downloadable "How-To" booklet.  Here's the link:

http://www.willghormley-maker.com/ApacheBootPattern.html

Will

Will Ghormley

Marshal Will Wingam

Very cool, Will. That's a good addition to your lineup. Thumbs up to this one.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Mogorilla

WaHoo!   I will be measuring my feet very soon!
Thanks for putting this together!

Slowhand Bob

Will, I got an order price from you Wednesday for some stuff and should be going to the post office for a money order today.  I will add in the price (I think) you show for the basic boot patterns and if it is wrong Ill send more!  I am caught up in some unexpected  travel right now and my logistics are a bit unpredictable at the moment.

will ghormley

Sounds good Slowhand. 

It will take a couple days to print the pattern once you give me the measurement for your feet. 

Also, I have the list of things you wanted to order here on my desk.  Did you want two Johnny Ringo concho sets or one.  I only quoted you for one, but it seems to me you might have said two.  That's the problem with takin' orders over the phone.  It's too easy to forget what was said.  You'll need to correct my confusion so I make sure you get the gear you're wantin'!

Thanks,
Will

Will Ghormley

GunClick Rick

That's it! I'm puttin my Suak and Fox foot down! ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

will ghormley

What more could you want Rick!?  You're already gettin' the dugout when I die!

Will

Will Ghormley

GunClick Rick

That's what i need another hole dug out.. :-\ ::) My wife already got me one.. :-X
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com