Video - Shooting black powder shotshells

Started by Bottom Dealin Mike, June 02, 2011, 05:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bottom Dealin Mike

This video covers shooting shells made by the three methods in my last series.

As an added bonus, you get to see stuff blow up!

The Swede

That was great! The first 3 videos were very informative. I haven't loaded shotshells since I was a kid. My dad made his own press back in the late 60's. He was a machinest. I am going to try some of the methods you showed us.

Thanks!!

Swede

Fox Creek Kid

Nice vid. I have no shotshell press. I use only an antique roll crimper & paper hulls. Personally, I think roll crimped shells give a better "burn" with BP.

Bottom Dealin Mike

Hi Fox Creek,

I like the roll crimp best myself, but I honestly can't say that there was any difference on target.

I'm saving up bottles though because I want to do this again....and again!  ;D

fourfingersofdeath

The glued non crimped shells are interesting. A bit of a labour saver, but you have to cut the cases so it would balance out I suppose.

I need to get on top of the BP shotgun loading, been pi$$ing about with it too long.
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

TwoWalks Baldridge

Mike I loved the 3 video's for loading the shotgun shells, but this video ... You just had way too much fun.  Says a lot for me, I enjoyed watching you have all that fun.  Now to go find a mule ear and some empty hulls.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com