Guncart Supplies (for BP)

Started by Grizhicks, June 01, 2011, 07:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mako

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on June 01, 2011, 09:12:12 PM
Mako, it's obvious that you need a caddy.  ;) :D

Kid,
I have two of them (still at home, getting ready to be only one this Fall).  The problem is I have to feed them and give them rooms to live in during the week.  Plus they won't just stand by and wait on me hand and foot anymore, they want to do silly things like shoot too.

~Mako
A brace of 1860s, a Yellowboy Saddle Rifle and a '78 Pattern Colt Scattergun
MCA, MCIA, MOAA, MCL, SMAS, ASME, SAME, BMES

litl rooster

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on June 01, 2011, 11:02:11 PM
That reminds me of the following GREAT British car joke:

:D ;)

must be a reference to not having any power
Mathew 5.9

TwoWalks Baldridge

Yesterday while working with my Colt 1860, I realized one extremely important item I do not remember seeing on any ones list.

" I'm stuck on band aids cause band aids stuck on me."

Yes as the blood spewed forth from pinching my finger in the loading lever, I thought of this one .... First aid supplies.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

wildman1

My Tim Taylor First Aid kit stays in my truck 24/7/365 in ALL 57 states.  ::) WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Cookie

Quote from: "TwoWalks" Baldridge on June 03, 2011, 07:37:34 AM
Yesterday while working with my Colt 1860, I realized one extremely important item I do not remember seeing on any ones list.

Yes as the blood spewed forth from pinching my finger in the loading lever, I thought of this one .... First aid supplies.

This is true, but be prepared for the "Aww, did you get a boo boo?" comments from the peanut gallery!  :D

I cut my hand during one stage (no idea how), put a band aid on it, and got ribbed for the rest of the day because of it. ::)

Leo Tanner

I had an experience with Snoopy band aids once.  They were in the glove box an if you think ya got a ribbin...
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Mako

Quote from: "TwoWalks" Baldridge on June 03, 2011, 07:37:34 AM

You're doing it wrong.

If you get cut, you get a roll of gauze and wrap it around your head and put something brownish on it, red is too fake looking.  Then you can even put Little Mermaid band-aids on and no one will notice.

If you don't ham it up too much you may get the "cowboy way" award at the match for "perseverance."   When someone asks what happened just tell them, "it's not as bad as it looks I just need to finish the match then I'll have it checked out."  You can do so with a straight face because it is all true.

I once woke up from a nap while taking my turn watching three kids under four years of age on a ski trip and didn't realize the 3 year old had covered the back of my shirt with "stickers" as she called them (a box of band-aids).  Man, I must have been tired to sleep through that.  I was kidded for the rest of the trip I was just trying to get sympathy.

So man-up!!! Wear those war wounds patches with pride...

~Mako
A brace of 1860s, a Yellowboy Saddle Rifle and a '78 Pattern Colt Scattergun
MCA, MCIA, MOAA, MCL, SMAS, ASME, SAME, BMES

Fox Creek Kid

Once at a CAS shoot I had a fella shooter do emergency "surgery" on a finger. I had rammed a wood splinter about the size of a Redwood into a thumb from the loading table. He got it out with his pocket knife. MAN, that hurt!!  :'(  Luckily it was hot & humid and no one saw my little girl tears.  :-[ ;D :D ;)

pony express

Band aids are just wrong! the better "manly" way to stop the bleeding would be wrap it with a paper towel and some duct tape. Masking tape or electrical tape would work as well..... ;D

Oregon Bill

Just spray a cleaning patch with Ballistol and mop her up ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com