Powder woes?

Started by Ranch 13, May 23, 2011, 01:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranch 13

If you're one of us that was thrown under the bus when the brain trust at Hogdons that decided to drop their 2 most accurate powders just prior to the start of the shooting season fret no more.
Western Powder had brought in a rather large shipment of new production KIK and the stuff is the real deal. At 12$ a lb in case lots it's about 300 a case less than Swiss. It's available in 1, 1.5,2 and 3f
I've been shooting the 1.5 and 2f both in my CIJ sharps, my CSA 75 and the just acquired Shiloh #3. The first thing that jumps right out at me is how clean it shoots, it leaves little fouling, even when fired with patched bullets with no lube cooky or felt wad. What fouling there is even in 12% humidity rehydrates quite nicely with the blowtube. 1 damp patch will clean the bore fine after each shot when paper patching.
Velocity of equal 72 gr charges of 2f and goex 2f express show the kik at 1208 fps and the express at 1210.
Accuracy has been very good. Recently at the Lodi Ws. Creedmoor matches the 4th place shooter used kik 1.5 in his 45-90 for the entire match.
So there you go, give Powder Inc a shout and grab a sample of the KIK, and then don't worry any longer if Hogdons intends to bring us back Express and Cartridge or not.
Eat more beef the west wasn't won on a salad.

Lumpy Grits

It does make you wonder in what dark hole Hodgon's leaders were in when the screwed ALL us BP shooters like that.
Will be looking at KIK after I use this last 50 lbs of 3F Goex.
Cheers,
LG
'Hav'n you along-Is like loose'n 2 good men'

Ranch 13

Lumpy I don't think you'll be disappointed.
I'm really looking forward to the big shooting spree in eastern MT. That'll give me 2 matches and a week of hinkydinky shooting to really run this stuff thru the grinder..
Eat more beef the west wasn't won on a salad.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com