1866 Toggle link tear down

Started by longinosoap, May 23, 2011, 06:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longinosoap

First time to shoot my used 44WCF 66 Uberti this weekend.  On the second stage the last piece of brass didn't eject.  Never have tore down a gun before but got home and had to take it apart to try to remove the case that hung up.  Before I could really look at how all the parts went together things started falling out.  Got the case out, all put back together but the springs.  Cant figure out how they go in so the lever will work.  If any one has a picture of the put together mechanism would appreciate it.  Also, is there a certain order that everything goes back together?  Any other tricks would sure be appreciated.

While I had it apart, I used 400 grit paper to smooth a few pieces of metal and also gave it a cleaning.

Thanks pards

Soap

wildman1

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Qball

WartHog
SCORRS
SootLord
STORM

wildman1

Quote from: Qball on May 23, 2011, 08:25:27 AM
Marauder has a great site for you.
http://marauder.homestead.com/files/Model66.html

And the rest of his tips.
http://marauder.homestead.com/Rifles.html

Bummer, runner up again ::)
Sorry Qball, musta been that extra cuppa CAWFEE Ah had at 4am.  :P WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Qball

Quote from: wildman1 on May 23, 2011, 08:30:03 AM
Sorry Qball, musta been that extra cuppa CAWFEE Ah had at 4am.  :P WM

No worry sir, Marauders site is great enaugh to advert twice  ;D
WartHog
SCORRS
SootLord
STORM

longinosoap

Appreciate that.  Once again, the best schoolin' comes from those that's been there, done that.

Regards
Soap

longinosoap

Thanks for the advice and for Marauder's link.  Got it all put back together but when I checked if the carrier block would "spring" back down when pushed up, it did not. I have an 1860 and 1873 and both of those do.  So I am thinking that the carrier block spring needs replacing.

Is my troubleshooting in order or is their another reason why the carrier block does not fall back down all the way when I lever it closed.

If it is the springs, who sells the best replacements?

Regards
Soap

Coffinmaker

When you re-assemble, you need to hold the lever side springs in place while you tighten the screws.  You add the right side side plate last.  Don't get real ham fisted when you tighten the side plate screws or you'll strip the threads out of the side plate.

Coffinmaker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com