Old West Revolver shoot at the James Farm June 18, 2011

Started by Border Ruffian, May 21, 2011, 10:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Border Ruffian

This year we deconflicted our June shoot and reunion with the Prince of Pistoleers match.  Please check out our new James Farm website, where we have the dates, times and rules of the match posted.

www.jessejames.org
http://oldschoolguns.blogspot.com/  A place for Classic Firearms

Mogorilla

Mogorilla

Back to the top with the new date.  Looks like beyond the normal range of targets for another $5, you can try your luck as Jim Lane.

TwoWalks Baldridge

Being of a curious mind, there is something I need to ask.

2. Course of Fire: Total for regular match and special target is 36 rounds
a. Regular Match (Cartridge and Cap and Ball Categories). 30 rounds, total as follows:
i. 12 rounds at "Bull's-eye" target 10 paces
ii. 6 rounds at "Candle" target 10 paces
iii. 6 rounds at "Ace of Spades" target 5 Paces
iv. 6 rounds at " metal" targets 10 paces
b. Special Event Target (optional) 6 rounds at the 10 Paces

For cap and ball revolver, is the requirement 2 revolvers or is there time allowed to reload 1 revolver?
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Mogorilla

Time to reload.  You place your target, then cap at the line.  When you have fired your 6, take down your target and go load chambers.  Bring back when there is a spot (usually 5 to 6 on the line firing at once, not your typical sass/ncows shoot), replace target and cap.    The metal targets are woodpeckers and more like 15 paces.  they are the bane of my shooting existence.

Windy City Joe

TwoWalks Baldridge

Quote from: Mogorilla on September 13, 2011, 03:57:52 PM
Time to reload.  You place your target, then cap at the line.  When you have fired your 6, take down your target and go load chambers.  Bring back when there is a spot (usually 5 to 6 on the line firing at once, not your typical sass/ncows shoot), replace target and cap.    The metal targets are woodpeckers and more like 15 paces.  they are the bane of my shooting existence.

Mogorilla, thank you kindly for the information.  I would love to attend the James Farm shoot some day, but I am afraid it is a goodly walk from Central California.  I shoot with a small group of Cap and Ball revolver shooters here on the west coast and thought it would be a hoot to put together a similar match.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com