New GOW ...... KOOL!!

Started by Coffinmaker, May 19, 2011, 11:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coffinmaker

Just picked up the latest GOW.  Way cool conversion on the cover (haven't read it yet) and a nice (I hope) article on my new hammer double (still haven't read it yet ;D).

Looks to be a real fun issue ;D  And the Kirst-Strite conversion on the cover is gonna cost me some money :o :o :o

Coffinmaker

Major 2

Summer Issue ? ..... and by picked it up are you saying at a newsstand ?

I subscribe and just got the Spring issue about 2 weeks ago  :-\  ( The one with the Star, 60 Army and Patterson on the cover )
when planets align...do the deal !

Coffinmaker

Major 2,

Yep, Summer issue (I guess).  Got it at my local purveyor of periodicals.  Since GOW only comes out once in a while, I read 'em slowly :D

Coffinmaker

The Pathfinder

Major, I got the Summer issue in the mail two days ago. I think your post rider is enjoying your issues as much as you do. ;)

Fingers McGee

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, I havent received mine yet either.  Maybe my Pony Express rider is previewing it for me.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Major 2

Quote from: The Pathfinder on May 20, 2011, 04:06:36 PM
Major, I got the Summer issue in the mail two days ago. I think your post rider is enjoying your issues as much as you do. ;)

affirmative  >:(

Sod Buster

The latest one I got in the mail was the Spring issue, just like Major2.  No Summer issue yet.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Fingers McGee

Mine came in today's mail. 
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Biermeister

Guess, I will have to make special trip to Yokes, Fred Meyer or Walmart ASAP and pick a copy up !!!! Love GOW magazine, read each issue from front to back and  over and over again. Thanks for the heads up and have a great Navy Day!!
USNR-Ret (Seabees)
Retired Reserve Police Officer
Disabled Veteran
Two years Washingon Army National Guard
Member 4th Army ROTC Rifleteam assigned to MTU#6 Ft. Ord, CA 1979
Former Dryland Wheat Farmer & Cattleman

Jed Cooper

Mine came a couple days ago, Thursday I think. Lots of good stuff in this one!!    Jed
"Jed Cooper" aka: Dave Hollandsworth

Olde Cop,  NCOWS #2841, Maker of BIG SMOKE, GAF #500
F&AM PM, NRA Life, FOP - Retired , BOLD #615,* Warthawg! ,Hirams Rangers #31, 1860 Henry #97, STORM#351
Marshal - Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society,
http://greatlakesfmc.home.insightbb.com/scarlet.htm
Posse Member - http://home.insightbb.com/~greatlakesfmc/index.htm

Capt Billy

Mine was in the post box Friday...read it all...but I ain't gonna share it!
I DID find that I'd forgotten buffalo horn (simulated) grips (a nice alternative to faux ivory!).
Unlike others, I DO enjoy the b-movie actors articles!
"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it."

R.G.A. # 241

Fox Creek Kid

Quote from: Capt Billy on May 23, 2011, 03:25:26 AM...Unlike others, I DO enjoy the b-movie actors articles!

I like the B Movie actor stories as well.  ;)

I'm just curious about one thing. Has anyone ever seen a speck of dirt or a bead of sweat on D. Adler in his photo "ops?"  ::) ;)

Major 2

I got mine Monday.... I left it at work though...

Did I really read.... they started with BRASS Frame 51 Navy to make the Buffalo Bill Cody conversion  :-\ ?

Must be a blunder, in the photo its not a Brass frame !  :-\

Coffinmaker

Major 2,

Yep.  I had to read it twice too.  They did say they started with a Brass frame.  Must be an editorial oopso as the finished product is well case colored.

FCK,

Well, now that you mention it, NO.  Not so much as a hair out of place.  It also seems his hair is getting ........ Darker ::)

Coffinmaker

Raven

We did tell Dennis and the magazine about the "Brass Frame" mistake several times before publication.......What can I say.

Raven

Major 2

I'm not one to gleen a magazine cover to cover for mistakes,
but there is another glaring fopaux...

In the Article about Arvo Ojala Page 52
The photo is captioned :
Arvo poses with 1763 Charleville Musket with a Bayonet  ::)

It is in fact a 1842 Mississippi Rifle with it's ramrod !

Not even close .. ::)   

Coffinmaker

Well .......... Publishers mistakes aside (one past issue Dennis described the "Thunderer" grip frame as a Birdshead), it's still a WAY KOOL conversion.  Gotta love it.

Ah ......... wonder what it costs :o.  Probably don't really want to know ........... :P

Coffinmaker

Major 2

$2000 on your donor 51 Navy

I just email him and asked .....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com