How would you dye/color this?

Started by TennHillyBill, May 13, 2011, 03:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TennHillyBill

Saw this on the web as an example of leather carving. I thought it would be neat on a holster.  Question is how would one get the colors to work out....brush, air brush, etc.?  Bill

KidTerico

This ..one  is done with the leather wet so the colors soak in. Hand painted . I have tryed  painting on dry leather and it dont work. This is done on 7-8 oz. leather KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

GunClick Rick

Man KT that is a nice native american leather piece.Do some more!! :) :) :) i like those..
Bunch a ole scudders!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

KT, I think you have a little talent pard, LOL, beautiful , didn't know you painted too, your an amazing feller. ::) :o 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

TennHillyBill

Think I'll try the 'dry dyeing' method.  Guess I'll order some of the Fiebing oil dyes.  I've used some of the water based dye and not real happy with it.  Thanks for the advice Gents!  I tried carving this pattern on a piece of scrap to try different ideas for adding depth. Bill

Drayton Calhoun

Can't wait to see the holster! I did a Walker holster many years ago, which I still have, I, ahhhhh, kinda got told by my wife at the time, I would NOT take that one out in public again! Hey, she wasn't COMPLETELY nude!!!!
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

TwoWalks Baldridge

Quote from: Drayton Calhoun on May 15, 2011, 01:27:58 PM
Can't wait to see the holster! I did a Walker holster many years ago, which I still have, I, ahhhhh, kinda got told by my wife at the time, I would NOT take that one out in public again! Hey, she wasn't COMPLETELY nude!!!!

Your wife or the painting?   :o
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

FEATHERS

you can get the late Mr Robb Barr's dvd's from Tandy of Hidecrafters

Drayton Calhoun

Quote from: "TwoWalks" Baldridge on May 15, 2011, 02:51:36 PM
Your wife or the painting?   :o
The holster, the wife....well, it's better that she is now the EX!  ;D
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

TwoWalks Baldridge

Quote from: Drayton Calhoun on May 15, 2011, 08:28:25 PM
The holster, the wife....well, it's better that she is now the EX!  ;D

Just wondered!  I understand as I have a couple of those myself.  ;)
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com