High Capacity Revolvers

Started by Drayton Calhoun, May 12, 2011, 06:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman1

AH understand it now, but had ta look it up. ;) WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Drayton Calhoun

Quote from: Pettifogger on May 14, 2011, 01:08:39 AM
I read the Wiki blub and still don't understand what its supposed to be.
If you watched 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' you kinda get an idea. Think, Neo-Victorian technology.
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

How about the wheelchair gun from WILD WILD WEST;

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/File:WWW_110.jpg

Or the whole movie, for that matter.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Drayton Calhoun

The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

litl rooster

Quote from: Drayton Calhoun on May 14, 2011, 01:27:46 PM
If you watched 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' you kinda get an idea. Think, Neo-Victorian technology.

great example along with Wild Wild West and the latest Sherlock Holmes and Hex
Mathew 5.9

Jamie

My son builds and rebuilds guitars, and has done a couple in a steam-punk style which were quickly snapped up on E-bay.  He inlays or attaches various small pressure gauges, adds copper tubing coming up out of the body and then re-entering it after a couple of inches, adds small enclosed gear boxes with glass covers to expose the gears and then paints the body to look like boilerplate or copper sheeting, complete with rivets, either actual or painted on.  A little painted rust appearance in spots, or tarnishing, and bingo - a steam punk guitar.  Plays the same (or better once he's done setting it up, and adding appropriate electronics) but looks much more... hmmm...interesting?
Jamie

Drayton Calhoun

Okay, all I have been able to find out is, that this is most likely legitimate. It was possibly built by a gent named Joseph Enouy and it's called a Ferris Wheel Gun. It appears to be based on a James Harper Transitional Revolver. Supposedly he built several, but, other than curiosities, I can't see any possible use for them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com