Sneek preview. . . . . new EPP-UG-36

Started by Dick Dastardly, May 03, 2011, 09:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox Creek Kid

Quote from: Dick Dastardly on June 26, 2011, 05:50:01 PM...I've been fishing up North in Canada.  Fishing was great.  Boated one Northern Pike that was over 40".

DD-DLoS

And mosquitos larger than the fish!!  :o ;D :D ;)

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on June 26, 2011, 06:05:48 PM
And mosquitos larger than the fish!!  :o ;D :D ;)

My Dad used to say that a lot of mosquitos weigh a pound!
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Dick Dastardly

Actually, the only mosquitoes were on the portage.  That and mud.  I'm thinkn' a black powder shotgun might have been helpful.

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Cohagen

Howdy DD,

Just got back from Canada myownself....Great Walleyes, biggest 10 1/2 lbs.  released.  How about using the new bullet in standard .38s, any comments or just quietly tell me to go away.

Your Old Buddy

Cohagen

Dick Dastardly

Howdy Cohagen,

Since the 45 Cal EPP-UG shoots well in 45 Cal cartridge guns, I'm thinkn' that there's a good chance that the smaller version will shoot well in 38 Spl cartridges.  Testing will tell.

And no, I don't tell old friends to go away.

DD-DLoS
Gunfighter Ordinar

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

Quote from: Dick Dastardly on June 26, 2011, 09:39:24 PM
Actually, the only mosquitoes were on the portage.  That and mud.  I'm thinkn' a black powder shotgun might have been helpful.

DD-DLoS

In Canada, flintlocks of any date of manufacture are considered antiques, and thus not required to be registered.  The rules are complex, but percussion reproductions, including cap'nball must be registered.

In summary;  If a long gun was made before 1899, singleshot, and over 8mm bore (.323) it is an antique.  Some pistols are considered antique if made prior to 1899 and in a calibre "not readily available'"

I add this, as most modern long guns must be cleared properly through our "undefended border".  Forget pistols!
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Adirondack Jack

DD, yer new 91 grainer ought to FLY a lot better than the commonly available RN 93s (.380 bullets) some use, owing to the longer bearing span that should help it track a lot better.  It will seat deeper into the case as well.  It'd be a "laser beam" round with smokeless out of .38 Short Colt Cases or (to meet minimum smoke) .38 Long Colt cases with BP.
Warthog, Dirty Rat, SBSS OGBx3, maker of curious little cartridges

Mad_Dog

Any news on this front?  A big-lube bullet firing cap-n-ball is on my Christmas list, and I'm wondering if I should limit myself to 44's or If there will be 36 biglubes suitable for C&B by christmas.

Dick Dastardly

Let's put it this way.  Getting the new EPP-36 molds would be a Christmas present for both of us.  The tooling is ordered and soon as it gets here, we'll start cutting the cavities.  We have a thousand pounds of mold bodies prepped and ready to cut.  All that we lack is the tooling.  For reasons I don't clearly understand, tooling is the bottleneck.

I'll post just as soon as the new molds arrive.

Thanks for asking.

DD-DLoS
Gunfighter Ordinar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com