Videos

Started by Pappy Hayes, May 01, 2011, 04:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pappy Hayes

I have seen mentioned videos on making holsters here. Where do you get these and what ones do you suggest buying?

GunClick Rick

Chuck Burrows,John Cohea... :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

rickk

John Bianchi's 3 CD set is pretty good.

It assumes though that you already have some idea what you are doing. It won't start off with the basics, but gives many tips that make lots of sense if you have already made one or two holsters and belts.

knucklehead

Dusty Johnson, PLEASANT VALLEY SADDLE SHOP makes a video for 5 styles of holsters and a few knife sheaths.
the video starts off showing the basics. its a good video to have and watch.

http://www.pvsaddleshop.com/BOOKS%20&%20VIDEOS.htm

chuck burrows is also a very good video the watch on holster making.

John Bianchi's is good also but not for the beginner
I'M #330 DIRTY RAT.

Slowhand Bob

Two others are, or were available through HIDECRAFTERS.  One was the in-house production with George Hurst ans I think it was simply titled Holster Making??  The other was made by a guy named Jim Simmons and also offered through HCs.  These, with the ones mentioned above, are the only ones I currently know of and do consider them all as having something to offer.  The simplest ones are by Jim Simmons and Dusty Johnson and might be best for the beginner, ymmv.

Pappy Hayes

Where do you get chuck burrows videos and what is the cost?

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

TwoWalks Baldridge

Ordered the Video from Dusty Johnson today.  Had not seen that one before, thanks for the heads up.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

knucklehead

I'M #330 DIRTY RAT.

WaddWatsonEllis

Pappy,

I concur with the Chuck Burrows Video .... it shows how to make a Calfornia Slim Jm and a Looped holster ... the two basic types that all holsters seem to spring from ... I felt ready to tackle most anything after watching it a couple of times .... and the neat thing about owning the videos is that a person can watch a thorny area over an over until it becomes clear.

Now if I could just find a good video on carving .... LOL
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

rickk

WaddWatsonEllis,

There are quite a few leather carving videos on "Youtube".  Just search for "leather carving"

Rick

WaddWatsonEllis

Rickk,

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

Slowhand Bob

If HideCrafters arestill around you might want to check with them as they were the best resource for leather how-to that I know of.  Also check out The Leather Crafters Journal for many adds dealing with this.

WaddWatsonEllis

Slwhand Bob,

I keep hearing rumors of Hidecrafters demise on cascity.com but have never tried to deal with them personally  ... so I will check them out!

NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com