1873 Springfield Trapdoor Carbine Information

Started by USBP1969, April 08, 2011, 02:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USBP1969

(Double Post? No clue.) (Tried to delete without success.)(Oh well)

Howdy.

Ran a search, but not much success.  Picked up a new one at a local gun shop (picked up not purchased) and it seemed like I had carried one all my life.

I'd really appreciate any information I can get in regards to this weapon in its new form. (Not sure who makes it, but it's not cheap.)
Things like quality, reliability, accuracy, felt recoil with factory smokeless powder and any thing else you can think of.  

After 33 years of carrying DA revolvers and DAO semi-automatics it was quite a shock to find that I have some kind of "DNA" connection with weapons built in 1873.  Haven't tried the Winchester yet.  Almost afraid to shoulder one....

Thanks,
KW
Lose Sight = Lose Fight

wildman1

Not sure about the carbine, but the original Springfield Trapdoors are very accurate depending on load, bullet, etc. The first time I shot my 1884 at 300 yds the outside spread of a six shot group was 8 inches. Haven't tried it again. :P WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com