The end of Cowboys!

Started by ZVP, March 12, 2011, 03:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZVP

I am so gonna miss all the great gun reviews on the Outdoor Networks Cowboys TV show!
The announcement has been made not to make any new episodes.
I learned so much about the New Old West from that show and I am going to hate to see the episodes on the wane.
Glad we still have forums here to discuss guns and ammo because I know "OUR" intrests didn't die!
ZVP

Long Knife Rich

That's too bad. I like that show.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Yea, I'll miss them too, I watched them every week.

tEN wOLVES  :'( :(
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

smokin6

It was a great show, I hope it comes back.

Cliff Fendley

That's too bad, I've gotten where I don't even hardly watch Wednesday night at the range anymore. All they have is tactical defense stuff or bang bang semi auto competition coverage. It's the same old junk every week, over and over and over. Cowboys was a good change of pace.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Abilene

A local pard got to visit some with Tupelo Flash at Winter Range, and was told that the show would be back next year.  Hope so.

Durango Slim

I really hope so , I started to learn a lot with that show, about guns in general and history, and a bunch of other stuff. That is not ony bad for the sport, but a really bad marketing move. How about those sponsors, they are supposed to push those kind of shows ain't it? like Ruger and Uberti  :(

Dances With Coyotes

Thats the best show theyve got. I get tired of the other ones. Seems like they always do the same old thing. Tupelo is a good host and I enjoy Bob Boze Bell and the others.
All you need is love and a .45

smokin6

I hate that. I've always watched that show & really liked it!

Bart Solo

I loved Cowboys.  Except for the original segments on Wolf Banes Shooting Gallery and American Rifleman there isn't much worth watching on Wednesday nights anymore.  I don't know about you, but I am sick to death of watching semi auto competitions and the tactical shows are hopelessly redundant and boring.

Lets face it, if I get real lucky, and am smart enough not to put myself in harms way, I will never have to draw a pistol in anger. And if I do, I will resort to the techniques I have practiced over and over again.  In my case that will be what I have learned in CAS and Wild Bunch.  Everything they say on the tv shows might be absolutely best practice, but I am human.  I won't remember any of it.  I will fall back on what I know cold. That is what I practice.

Endless hours of the bald headed guys from Gunsight and Blackwater is just bad television.

PABLO DEL NORTE

:'(  SHUCKS!!   NOW I'M GONNA HAVE TO WATCH THE CLASSICS EVEN MORE :D I USED TO LOOK FORWARD TO WED. NIGHT AT THE RANGE BUT NOT NOW.   :'(

HOPE THEY BRING IT BACK SOON!!! >:(

ZVP

I SURE hope your partner heard the truth about the Show coming back! I live for each new episode of Cowboys! History, pistolcraft and shooting tips are all excellent!
Far as the "Baldheaded Guys" go they DO teach you a lot of pratical stuff to digest and pratice because the real world has a lot of dangers out there and learning different ways to anticipate and deal with situations is priceless. Watching the Pratical Pistol Competition is about like watching paint dry... It's a lot of fun if you are doing it but watching it???
CAs has a lot of actual application as we handle these guns constantlly, we are good with them and can fire actual gunfight distances and conditions. The only problem we haqve is reload time, it is a mite slow. You just need to make all six count! You CAN apply pratical pistol training with your favorite Single Action as the same rules apply, shoot straight!
Far as the Cowboys show goes, There is so much more than just action shooting going on, there is History surrounding both the firearms and costuming but also a 1800's way of life, a simpler time with the need to adapt to a more primitive way of life, a life exhisting alongside Nature andit needed to be such a way due to the fact you were thrust out into nature and needed tolive with it not beat it with technology.
The lifestyle taught to us on Cowboys isboth real live history but it's more lived history! The old western way of life is taught to us.
I do hope the show returns!
ZVP

Bart Solo

Don't get me wrong.  I am not saying anything bad about the bald headed guys, but there are now several competing tactical shows on Wednesday nights.  One would be great.  I am not so sure about more than one.  

The great thing about Cowboys is that it had history segments, segments on clothing (you have to admit our clothing is colorful and fun), segments about mounted shooting (we have horses), segments on guns, and segments on technique.   I learned things from each episode.  Their were times when they focused on regular shooters, not just national champions.  It was one of the most diverse and entertaining shows on Wednesday nights.  One that a non-shooter and her kids could enjoy.  

I might be a little different than most, but I really enjoy the "I have this old gun segments" on American Rifleman, and the segments on the other shows about bringing young people into the shooting sports.  

Cowboys had a good solid mix.  

Old Doc

Things I'm tired of on Wednesday night.
1. Larry "Rudolph" Potterfield.
2. Tupelo and his over the top outfits.
3. The narrator on Impossible Shots.
4. The archer on Impossible Shots.
5. The flintlock guy on Impossible Shots
6. Impossible Shots
7. Wondering how many takes they do on Impossible Shots.
When my cable company finally got the Outdoor Channel, I was excited. Now, I'm just bored. If it gets any worse, I'm going to be watching Dancing withThe Stars with a beer in one hand and a cyanide capsule in the other.

GunClick Rick

If they put me on it,it will be a big hit! ;D The viewers would get a real bang out of it..

We could film right here

I'll show off my Frontier boots,Josie Wales coat.and my Husckvarna sxs with hammers and ivory bead front site  ;D

Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Or i can play my harmonica,guitar,or native american flute in the background.Just in case here is my e-address

curly54@sbcglobal.net

http://C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator.YOUR-4DACD0EA75.003\My Documents\My Videos]C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator.YOUR-4DACD0EA75.003\My Documents\My Videos
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com