Packing Iron

Started by ZVP, March 12, 2011, 02:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tallbald

Well I ordered my copy of PI yesterday afternoon from Amazon. I realize I'll never have the talent to create those beautiful floral tooled pieces, but hope to gain authentic inspiration from the holster styles actually used back in the day. Border stamping is probably as far as I will ever get, using tools I make in my own shop. Sure wish I had the book in my hands now....Don

Django

Quote from: Buck Stinson on March 13, 2011, 06:18:34 PM
I'm not sure how the powers that be would feel about such a link, so I have sent you a private email.  If I find that I can post a link to my site, I will do so, but until I have it Okayed, I probably will not.

Adios,
Buck
Thanks Buck, your website has been on my desktop favourites for ages !!! Brilliant!!!
Django
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND STILL HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT
Website http://www.savoirfaire-jazz.co.uk/index.html

Boothill Bob

Buck, will u send me à pm on the link to?
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

JD Alan

BhB, just google Old West Reproductions; it's the first thing that pops up; nice work & website too, but then so is yours!
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Boothill Bob

Tanx JD, for the words to ;D
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Kyjames

I've been watching this post since it about started. It got me a want'in a copy of the book and one arrived today via the postal service. I've been reading it since I got it. Dang it's a good book.  ;D. Thanks!

I now I find that I need a Slim Jim for my Colt Navy and a Mexican loop for my second gen SSA.

Oh well ::)

"Without liberty, law loses its nature and its name, and becomes oppression. Without law, liberty also loses its nature and its name, and becomes licentiousness."

-- James Wilson (Of the Study of the Law in the United States, Circa 1790)

Marshal Will Wingam

Kyjames, PI is a good way to get inspiration for your new rigs. Mine is starting to show signs of wear, for sure. Go ahead and make those two holsters. Then the next two, and the next, and the next.... Welcome to the forum.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Kyjames

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on March 19, 2011, 12:02:42 AM
Kyjames, PI is a good way to get inspiration for your new rigs. Mine is starting to show signs of wear, for sure. Go ahead and make those two holsters. Then the next two, and the next, and the next.... Welcome to the forum.

I went to the local leather store and bought some leather after talking with a very helpful store clerk. I am going to attempt to make a slimjim, belt and paper cartridge pouch, if I can figure things out. If anyone has a template for a 51 navy slimjim, I would be appreciative of getting a copy with dimensions.
"Without liberty, law loses its nature and its name, and becomes oppression. Without law, liberty also loses its nature and its name, and becomes licentiousness."

-- James Wilson (Of the Study of the Law in the United States, Circa 1790)

Django

Hi James, i can Email the pattern for this one on the left in PI with measurements so you can print off full size.
Or the one on the right, it's the same as Wild Bills in PI.
PM me your Email and i'll get them to you.
Django
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND STILL HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT
Website http://www.savoirfaire-jazz.co.uk/index.html

WaddWatsonEllis

I can't say enough about the DVD Chuck Burrows has about meking holsters ... he makes a Slim Jim and a looped holster ... the nice thing is that you can play the part that you are abou to do and avoid a lot of cussin' ...

http://www.wrtcleather.com/tr-books/books-1.shtml

Well worth the costs of the disks to avoid the common pitfalls that you might make ...
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com