You leather guys are funny~~

Started by GunClick Rick, March 11, 2011, 11:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

TwoWalks Baldridge

That is one cute grandchild and we have the same amount of hair and teeth, gotta love that one.  ;D

Do you know the history of those spurs?  I have a pair just like them that I have had for over 40 years but never found out their history.  On a side note: Rick just went online and did some searching.  I need to find out where them spurs are packed and get them out to check for markings.  Dang, that design was made over a long period of time.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Cliff Fendley

http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

KidTerico

Rick she sure is a cutie. Must take after her grandmother. KT ;)
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

KT took the words right out of my mouth, good looking girl Rick, love that smile ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Rick,

Beautiful little girl! Grandkid's are one of the big joys in life.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

GunClick Rick

Well i had one spur just like those that my grandfather had for years that came from my great aunt in Ok.I wore it one day in front of an old house around the corner to take a picture,i put my stuff up behind  the seat of my truck and later found out the spur was missing,by the time i went back and ask the owner of the house i had got permission from he had found it put it in a shed and the shed burnt down all in the matter of about a week or so,he said it was melted to a pile of gunk..I was devestated..Later i found these at an antique store a friend has so i bought them,but found out these are marked with TW which makes them a Lindholm i think something about one of the folks that did them.
I checked with a spur dealer a few years ago and he said the original one was worth around 350.00 at the time.Mine are copies,but i had to get them,my great aunt was indian in Oklahoma and tere farmed most of her life and never married,she was famous at the time for her button collections she would sew on quilts..If anybody ever sees a quilt with buttons in a star burst pattern let me know,i wanna buy it back,my dad sold it when i was about 17 years old..Last i heard it was in Wisconsin..Dang thing is i didn't get the spur in the picture~~Wonder which one i am  ;D

http://www.henryrepeating.com/customer-letters.cfm?cp=33
Bunch a ole scudders!

Chuck 100 yd

TwoWalks Baldridge

Gunclick, I just have to ask:  You still got that horse?  ;D

Wife is out of town and she put those blamed spurs someplace in her room.  Believe me when I tell ya, I don;t even go in there for fear of my life.  If one of them piles were to fall over they might not find me for a month.

GunClick Rick

He lost his head,but i still got the ritoofle ;D

Now  quit messin around and get back to makin leather :D
Thanks Ten Wolves ;D :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

TwoWalks Baldridge

Rick a few years ago, I told my wife to give them spurs too someone or to Goodwill.  Instead she put them away in a chest.  Today I sure am glad she did not listen too me.

They are August Buermann and have the Star with AB inside and above the star PAT'D.

Marshal Will Wingam

Very cute granddaughter, Rick. Thanks for sharing those pics with us. What a smile.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

GunClick Rick

Thanks Marshall,she laughs everytime she see me ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Quote from: "TwoWalks" Baldridge on March 13, 2011, 08:12:15 PM
Rick a few years ago, I told my wife to give them spurs too someone or to Goodwill.  Instead she put them away in a chest.  Today I sure am glad she did not listen too me.

They are August Buermann and have the Star with AB inside and above the star PAT'D.

I bet those spurs would bring 1200.00 at auction,by golly that is way nice you got an original pair!! GOOD WIFE,get flowers~~ :)

http://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=3045&aid=28078&lid=7781554#topoflot

http://www.lindholmspurs.com/spur.php?spurID=68

http://cgi.ebay.com/Buermann-marked-Indian-Chief-Hercules-Bronze-spurs-/260749600778?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb5e3280a

Bunch a ole scudders!

Drayton Calhoun

Rick, you must be one proud Grandpa!
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

GunClick Rick

I'm gonna be a tired one too this week,regular babysitter got sick,i'm it~~That's ok though she likes to watch tv with me..
Bunch a ole scudders!

TwoWalks Baldridge

Quote from: GunClick Rick on March 14, 2011, 10:41:53 PM
I'm gonna be a tired one too this week,regular babysitter got sick,i'm it~~That's ok though she likes to watch tv with me..

Rick this is just mental preparation for the future.  Wait until she is 4 or 5 years old and you get to be the wrangler for a week.  You will be older and slower and she will be full of energy beans.  ;D

Those are some great articles about your Aunt.  You are a lucky man to have so much about your history.

GunClick Rick

I'm already there with this bad hip bone,it's been poppin out pretty good lately.Worries me too.
Bunch a ole scudders!

JD Alan

She's a keeper Rick, and I'm going to resist the temptation to post one of my grandkid's pictures in reply, because there would be a landslide of leatherworkin grandpas showin off the youngins!
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

GunClick Rick

They are all bueatiful JD ;D But we already knew that.. :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com