Skidmores Source

Started by WaddWatsonEllis, March 08, 2011, 12:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaddWatsonEllis

When I asked about Skidmores vs Lexol, I got a resounding Skidmores!

So I went expectantly into my local Tandy and got the Skid who ... but they were very happy with their Lexol they had for sale ...

So I will try Standing Bear's in the AM, but is there a local (Sacramento CA) store that sells Skidmores?

Thanks!

P.S. And all I see on line is Skidmore's Leather Creme. Whenever it is mentioned, they just say 'Skidmores' ... is the leather creme what y'all re using?
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Skeeter Lewis

Yes, it's the leather cream. They've got different names for it to appeal to different markets - Restoration Cream, Biker's Leather Dressing or whatever - but it's all the same stuff.
Don't confuse it with their Beeswax Waterproofing though!

Major 2

Skidmore's is a Family operation, I never found a retail in my neck o the woods..I just ordered on line....
when planets align...do the deal !

Dalton Masterson

I was able to buy my first batch at Corral West before they closed up shop. If you have a good western store close by, you might check by their boot polish section.
Otherwise, I bought 2 pints from The Leather Guy at a convention a few years back. Still havent used up the first one.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Go to www.skidmores.com or you can get in touch with Johnny McCrae he's a dealer

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

WaddWatsonEllis

Ten Wolves,

Okay, Skidmore's Leatehr Creme;

My Tandy's has never heard of it... doesn't carry it ..... would WC carry it at Standing Bear Trading Post?

And does one just rub it in and wipe it off? To both the front and the back?

Does it soften the leather?
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

WaddWatsonEllis

Did, did and done,

Went to Skidmores.com and am awaiting a callback to get credit card information...

So I guess I just follow the instructions on the container .....?

NCOWS #3403

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Wad, I usually put on two or three coats, rub in well with your hand, and let dry between coats, buff real well between coats, and that's all there is to it. And yes you can also get it from WC.

tEN wOLVES ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

WaddWatsonEllis

Thanks,

Acutally thanks for everything ... I feel like you have acted as a Guru these last few months ... and BTW, the pattern looks like it will work perfectly .... rather than rivet loops on, I 'modified' the pattern to match the Johnny Ringo rig that Will Ghormley sent me .... I just need to print out the pattern and make a decoupaged template to use to cut the leather out .... and get all those little projects out of the way before beginning the holster ....

NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com