cuffs

Started by Boothill Bob, March 06, 2011, 01:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boothill Bob

Now I'm working with a pair of cuffs to a customer .. Have just made two pair previously and find it difficult to get to the right size.
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

TwoWalks Baldridge

Bob, them is nice enough to wear for Sunday going to meeting wear.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

KidTerico

Bob as usually there first rate . Good job. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Looking good Bob, cuffs are fun to make ::) :o 8)

tEN  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

amin ledbetter

That is a good looking design Bob!

Quote from: Boothill Bob on March 06, 2011, 01:06:05 AM
Now I'm working with a pair of cuffs to a customer .. Have just made two pair previously and find it difficult to get to the right size.

What problems in sizing are you having pard?

Boothill Bob

It's hard when the customer measure himself. I find it hard to get to the exact measurement of the inner dimensions :-\

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Buck Stinson

I don't know if this will help, but when my customers order wrist cuffs, I ask for the measurement around the wrist and the forarm 6" up from the wrist.  I ask them to take these measurments over a long sleeve shirt, with a cloth tape.  I them add 1' to each of the two measurements they give me.   It is seldom thart I will get a return for improper fit.

Boothill Bob

Tanx Buck for the help.  I'll remember that 1inch :)

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

amin ledbetter

Quote from: Buck Stinson on March 06, 2011, 01:28:29 PM
I don't know if this will help, but when my customers order wrist cuffs, I ask for the measurement around the wrist and the forarm 6" up from the wrist.  I ask them to take these measurments over a long sleeve shirt, with a cloth tape.  I them add 1' to each of the two measurements they give me.   It is seldom thart I will get a return for improper fit.

Is the extra inch to make up just for leather thickness, or is it for an overlap where the two halves meet? This is sound advice either way Buck! I haven't made any cuffs yet myself, but I have wondered about proper fit and measuring for them.

Boothill Bob

Amin, I belive the extra inch is  to make up just for leather thickness.

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

bedbugbilly

B B - nice looking cuffs! I love the design on them - you did a fantastic job!

I haven't tried a set of cuffs yet - but I did get a set of patterns for 'em.  Reading the tips on measuring brings up a question I have.  Just how tight are the cuffs supposed to fit whoever is wearing them?  Should they be "just snug" or loose enough so that they don't chaff the wrist?  I'm assuming that they would be worn over long sleeves for added protection.  It seems like if there is too much slack in 'em, they'd turn on the wrist all the time.  I guess I've never read or really talked to anybody about the "fit" and what it should be.  How common were / are their use?  Can somebody chime in here and fill me in on that?  I know they're worn to protect the wrists/arm - I'm assuming while roping and such - are they normally worn with gloves or do "real men/cowboys" not wear gloves when roping (to prevent rope burns)?  Thanks for a "short course" if somebody would be kind enough to educate a "farmboy" on the fit/use of them.  And yes, I have experienced firsthand the lovely feeling of "rope burn" from not wearing gloves while holding the rope on a cantankerous Holstein!   :)  Thanks!   :) :o ::)

Marshal Will Wingam

I see my previous reply disappeared. Your cuffs look good. Your customer should be very happy with those.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com