Armi~San Paolo-Brescia 51 navy conversioncylinders?

Started by kyle-vick, March 03, 2011, 10:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyle-vick

Looking at possibly getting a Armi~San Paolo-Brescia 51 navy, and am wondering if any of the conversions will work for it. Preferablly the Kirst with the loading gate.

Thanks for your time!

Kyle

Pettifogger

If you haven't bought it, pass.  Armi San Paolo hasn't been imported for years.  Save yourself some future parts grief and buy a Pietta or Uberti.

Bishop Creek

I agree. My first cap and ball revolver back in 1969 was a Armi~San Paolo-'51 Navy. Poorly made, would never buy another one.

kyle-vick

Okay, good to know! Thanks for the input. I have a pietta 58 remmie on the way, and I really wanna get a navy or army soon and convert it eventually. I really like the option of shooting either cartridges or old fashion cap and ball!

Kyle

Major 2

You do know that the Navy will need heeled bullets if you shoot as a conversion ? 375 C&B  VS 357 38colt or Spl.

The 60 Army will not,  as the bore is .451 and you can use 45 LC or Schofiled
when planets align...do the deal !

kyle-vick

Flint

Heeled bullets is the hard way.  I have used Speer, Remington or Hornady Hollow Base Wadcutters for years.  They open up into the 375 bore and are easy to load.  Seat them out a bit, .04-.05  so the lead is visible, not flush.  The cleanest shooting (no leading) bullet is the Remington, it has a black nasty lube that keeps the  bore clean, but requires cleaning the seating die after a few hundred rounds.  Next the Speer.  The Hornady seems to lead the bore a bit, probably because of the knurled surface.

Leading may not occur if loading black powder, I have shot mainly with Titegroup and Trail Boss.
The man who beats his sword into a plowshare shall farm for the man who did not.

SASS 976, NRA Life
Los Vaqueros and Tombstone Ghost Riders, Tucson/Tombstone, AZ.
Alumnus of Hole in the Wall Gang, Piru, CA, Panorama Sportsman's Club, Sylmar, CA, Ojai Desperados, Ojai, CA, SWPL, Los Angeles, CA

kyle-vick

Okay, thank you. Flint, would you still be interested in making any of those cylinder pin holders that you made for the 58 Remington? So you do not have to run the loading lever after conversion. Thanks again.

Kyle

Raven

Kyle,

You won't need a "Speed Latch" for a Colt type revolver! They are only for the Remington.
On the Colt you can replace the loading lever with an ejector or you can just leave the loading lever off.

Raven

kyle-vick

Sorry, ha my question was a lil off topic, but I meant for the Remingtons, I just bought a stainless one.

Raven

Kyle,

If Flint doesn't have any let me know I may have a few left.

Raven

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com