two ivory handled knives and their sheaths

Started by John M Cohea, March 01, 2011, 11:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John M Cohea

Just got these pics in from Chuck Ward.First is a friction folder.Don't remember the exact specs, but the blade is around 3" with an OAL of about 6 1/2 or 7".
Blade is Tribal pattern damascus by Chad Nichols, scales are mammoth, liners and backbar are mild steel, and the bolsters are deep etched wrought iron.I am really pleased with this one, and think it is one of the more elegant friction folders I have made recently.

Next is a wharncliffe belt knife. The blade is random damascus with forge texture, and really has unbelievable shimmer,5" in length, with an OAL of 9 1/2". This is a frame handle, with a wrought iron fileworked frame, nice crakle mammoth scales with hints of green, black liners, copper pins, patterned copper band and rawhide wraps.Both also feature sheaths by me. Thanks for looking, and thanks for the great pics Chuck!
Hey pards, be sure to check out my website!!
http://jmcknives.blademakers.com

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

John, you are a true artist, beautiful work doesn't describe these knives and sheath, it's always a pleasure to view your master pieces, thanks for sharing with us.

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Mogorilla

I am speechless and it takes a lot to shut me up.   just plain wow.

KidTerico

John 2 more pieces of art comming out of your shop. I would be proud to own either one. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Marshal Will Wingam

Outstanding knives, John. Those are really something to drool over. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

TwoWalks Baldridge

Both the knives and the sheaths are beyond words. Dang them is nice.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Chuck 100 yd

GunClick Rick

Flippy man,real flippy! And bueatiful to boot! :) Jees Louis~~ :o
Bunch a ole scudders!

Tallbald

As a Toolmaker I can appreciate the technical work and skill set it requires to create your pieces. As a former artist, I am in awe of your magic touch in bringing the beauty of eons past to life. I could never hope to accomplish what you have done. Don

John M Cohea

Hey pards, be sure to check out my website!!
http://jmcknives.blademakers.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com