Anybody ever used Knight Black Powder Solvent?

Started by Holden A. Grudge, February 21, 2011, 08:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holden A. Grudge

I was given a quart of concentrated Knight's Black Powder Solvent and was just wondering if it would be useful at all in y cap and ball revolvers. 

Is this stuff any good?

Abilene

I would guess that if it has water as one of the ingredients then it will probably work fine  ;D  :D

Holden A. Grudge

Yeah well strange thing.  I couldn't find the ingredients listed anywhere on the bottle.  All I did find was the instructions that tell you to dip a patch in it and run it through the barrel then rinse with hot water.  So if I am rinsing with hot water, what the heck do I need this stuff for?

Oh and there is a warning that says to not let it touch your skin.  No wonder he gave me the almost totally full bottle.

Fox Creek Kid

Quote from: Holden A. Grudge on February 21, 2011, 10:44:49 PM
Yeah well strange thing.  I couldn't find the ingredients listed anywhere on the bottle.  All I did find was the instructions that tell you to dip a patch in it and run it through the barrel then rinse with hot water.  So if I am rinsing with hot water, what the heck do I need this stuff for?

Oh and there is a warning that says to not let it touch your skin.  No wonder he gave me the almost totally full bottle.

DO NOT use HOT water as then you will have flash rust. Use tepid water.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com