Looking for C&B stand

Started by Sacramento Johnson, February 14, 2011, 04:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sacramento Johnson

Howdy!
What sort of stand can I get to cradle a '58 remmie while loading it, with the cylinder still in the gun?   I would prefer something made of wood with quality. Thanks!

Pettifogger

You said "quality" so I wasn't sure I should post this.  All you need is some 1 x 4's a little notching and some finish and you can make a stand to fit any C&B.

Sacramento Johnson

That looks like a nice one!
Can you send me the dimensions of the various pieces?  What kind of wood do you recommend? (Tools are not my friends, so I need things spelled out.)

Pettifogger

I'm out working on the Winter Range set-up and am pretty beat when I get home.  When I get the time and the energy I'll take some close-ups of the stand.  There are no real dimensions.  I just measured the gun and then cut some wood to fit.  The hardest part is cutting the recess for the tip of the backstrap when it is vertical.  I cut a recess, but put a little block of wood at the end of the recess to make sure the gun doesn't slip out if someone bumps the stand while I'm loading.  If I forget, send me an email to remind me.  The next two weeks are going to be very full from dawn to well after dusk.  We have a record number of shooters and vendors this year.

Drayton Calhoun

it sure looks quality to me, simple, strong and effecient.
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

John Smith

I made mine adjustable since I shoot different styles/types of BP pistols.

John Smith

Doubled one picture, this is the one I ment:

Sacramento Johnson

Howdy!
That is very clever! Looks well made, too!  Mind if I 'borrow' some of your ideas?

John Smith

Quote from: Sacramento Johnson on February 17, 2011, 08:14:57 PM
Howdy!
That is very clever! Looks well made, too!  Mind if I 'borrow' some of your ideas?

Please do, it works with a wide variety of BP pistols.  The piece the butt rests against has wooden pegs to fit in the holes.  I've been using this stand for almost 20 yrs, don't recall where I came up with it.

Bushrod

Here's mine, made from poplar. Padded barrel & grip areas. Simple to make, mine is fixed but works well for a variety of revolvers.
There is no educational benefit whatsoever from a second kick by a Mule!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com