New shooting dates for the Texas Ten Horns

Started by lethal larry, February 14, 2011, 10:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lethal larry

Howdy pards. Effective at the first of March, 2011 the Texas Ten Horns will move our NCOWS matches to the 2nd weekend  (both Saturday and Sunday) of each month. For those of you who like to have a primative camp this will be a chance to camp out and shoot 2 days in a row. More information can be found at our club website, www.texastenhorns.com. Yall come shoot with us.  :D
"Clinging to" my Wife, Guns, Bible, cats and goat... and proud of it!

Pancho Peacemaker

With spring coming on, we'll have to set camp one Saturday and have us a cook out!

I don't have much in the way of primitive camp gear, but I do like to camp and have been known to cook a decent meal or two.

NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

lethal larry

That would be nice. I hope this draws some folks. Only time will tell I reckon.
"Clinging to" my Wife, Guns, Bible, cats and goat... and proud of it!

Tascosa Joe

I have lots of stuff, but my wall tent has not been set up since the last Thanksgiving Weekend Lonestar Round Up.  I think that was 1996.  My tent may be rotted for all I know, but I have enough dutch ovens and such to make at least make a camp fire.  I actually thought about attempting to have some of the stuff at the New Shooter Clinic.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Dakota Ike

What a great idea.  Back to back NCOWS shoots.  When I travel to Texas to visit my Daughter and her family I would definitely make plans to attend the NCOWS weekend. 

The camping would be just as much fun as the shooting.  Other than cast iron cookware, I don't have any primitive camping gear. I guess I would just have to get a canvas wall tent and I would be good.  (Any suggestions as to the best bang for the buck?)

I did shoot a match with the Ten Horns about a year and half ago.  Great bunch of folks.

Again, a great idea.

Trap

Are you going to host a Regional/ 3 day shoot this year? looking for the best time to get down your way.
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Ruidoso

Yes Trap, we are planning on having it the last weekend in October. Sure hope you can make it, would love to have ya.

Tascosa Joe

Quote from: Dakota Ike on February 15, 2011, 08:39:49 AM
What a great idea.  Back to back NCOWS shoots.  When I travel to Texas to visit my Daughter and her family I would definitely make plans to attend the NCOWS weekend. 

The camping would be just as much fun as the shooting.  Other than cast iron cookware, I don't have any primitive camping gear. I guess I would just have to get a canvas wall tent and I would be good.  (Any suggestions as to the best bang for the buck?)

I did shoot a match with the Ten Horns about a year and half ago.  Great bunch of folks.

Again, a great idea.
Check the NCOWS webpage for the articles Books wrote.  He has some good stuff for a real portable camp.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Texas John Ringo

Quote from: lethal larry on February 14, 2011, 10:47:58 AM
Howdy pards. Effective at the first of March, 2011 the Texas Ten Horns will move our NCOWS matches to the 2nd weekend  (both Saturday and Sunday) of each month. For those of you who like to have a primative camp this will be a chance to camp out and shoot 2 days in a row. More information can be found at our club website, www.texastenhorns.com. Yall come shoot with us.  :D

Drove 139 miles one way today,Sunday 3/13/11, arrived at 9:10 AM stayed till 10:00 AM........NO one there.

When I got back home, I checked the Tenhorns website and it states 2nd Saturday and 3rd Sunday. For NCOWS.

Should have went to Oakwood..............lesson learned, double check.

Ringo

Tjackstephens

Ringo, The Green River Gunslingers shoot the second Saturday (SASS) and The Green River Rangers Company B will hold NCOWS matches the fifth Saturdays (April, July, and Oct). If you ever make it to Western KY come and shoot with us, just outside of Bowling Green, KY. Hope I can make the Southwestern Regional this year it would sure be good to shoot with you again.
Remember those dates if you are ever in KY. Would welcome any of you Texas Pards. Your two day matches sound like a good ideal, devote a whole week end to camping and shooting. Just can't beat that. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Irish Dave

Larry:

Please make sure you guys send a complete, revised schedule to Dutch (for the website) and to me (for the Shootist).

Much obliged.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Cole Bluesteele

Dave,

Both Tascosa and i will be attending the convention.  we will bring a complete list of dates for 2011 with us for you and Dutch.

Cole

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com