1st Model Richards

Started by Fox Creek Kid, February 12, 2011, 02:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckskin billy

i didn't mean no harm in saying i would settle for anything pard. i like you can't afford to shell out $1,500.00 for a revolver. i would be just as happy if i could get my hands on something like you got. good luck with your project

billy
" I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
-Ted Nugent-

if it walks, crawls, slithers or leaves a track i can tan it

http://thebuckrub.proboards.com/index.cgi?

http://thebuffalorunners.proboards.com/index.cgi

Raven

1st Model rings and cylinders are available from Kirst Konverters for $350. We currently have 20 in stock.
These are not a DROP IN!!!
You must be a skilled machinist to finish a 1st model.
I am currently building ejectors by hand but we will have CNC made ejectors soon.
We can build a gun for you on your pistol for $1500
Raven

Mako

Quote from: Raven on February 16, 2011, 12:44:42 PM
1st Model rings and cylinders are available from Kirst Konverters for $350. We currently have 20 in stock.
These are not a DROP IN!!!
You must be a skilled machinist to finish a 1st model.
I am currently building ejectors by hand but we will have CNC made ejectors soon.
We can build a gun for you on your pistol for $1500
Raven
Jay,
You have Rings and Cylinders that will fit Uberti "Transition Models" (Type IIs)?

I've never seen your Richards 1st Model conversions, do you have any pictures of them on your site or elsewhere?

~Mako
A brace of 1860s, a Yellowboy Saddle Rifle and a '78 Pattern Colt Scattergun
MCA, MCIA, MOAA, MCL, SMAS, ASME, SAME, BMES

Raven

Our cylinder and rings are ment to convert Pietta or Uberti 1860's

One of our 1st Model Richards is in a Dennis Adler article in the current issue of Guns of the Old West.
and there should be pictures some where on this site.

The 1st Richards has not been advertized on the Kirst site. We have made the parts for Bob Millington and for my old business, Ravens Roost Gunsmithing. We will soon be advertizing custom built guns on the Kirst site.

Raven

Fox Creek Kid

Raven, enlighten me why you guys don't merely convert Type II's to a 1st Model Richards?  ??? No need to fool with ejectors. 50% of the work is pre-done including a fitted and roll engraved cylinder. All it needs is the ring fitted and the hammer cut down. Sure, it's technical but splitting the atom it ain't.  ???

The Pathfinder

I'll second that. Cain't aford $1500 but could probably swing converting my Richards II.

Raven

What we can afford is important to everyone. I can't afford to make an Historicaly correct gun for less than $1500 and in fact they are underpriced at $1500
I'm not doing this as a hobby, I have to pay the house payment. So I am not trying to meet a price point on these and it is quite likely the price will go up this year.

I build 1st Richards to be historicaly correct right down to the assembly numbers. So far every one that I have built has been built on 2nd Gen Colts.
Our parts are designed to fit 1860 percussion guns. The 2nd model richards from Uberti is not built to the same dimensions as the 1860. The distance between the center of the arbor and the center of the bore are different. This would require making parts specificly for the 2nd Model Richards. In order to get decent pricing on the parts we would need to run a batch of more than a 100. Unfortunatly there are not a 100 Cowboys interested in this gun to make it worth doing. Also not needing to make an ejector will only cut a couple hundred dollars from the cost- you would still be looking at $1250- and for the extra $250 you get a historicaly correct gun that may actualy hold its value.
Also by converting 1860's I can build any of the 1st Model Richards variations as compared to converting the 2nd Model.
This may sound weird but I build custom guns for me, I sell them to other people, but I build them to please me!

Raven

Long Johns Wolf

Raven, 1+
I had a lot of comparative measuring done through the FROCS around the globe and measured some more myself, of original 1860 C&Bs vs. modern 1860 C&B clones incl. 2nd, 3rd gens & Centaures vs original 1860 conversions vs newly made conversions using 1860s clones incl. 2nd, 3rd gens & Centaures vs Italian made 1860 conversions. I understand what you are talking about.
My 2 € cents: If a client wants a quality 1860 conversion with dimensions of the real thing as a display pistol or as a shooter but particularly both there is the customs conversion route only, executed by one of the conversion artists around.
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

The Pathfinder

Raven, doesn't sound strange to me at all. When I built Ky. longrifles, I built my guns for me and maybe one for one of my kids. I built what I wanted to build at the time and only what I wanted to build. May yet have a couple more in there somewhere waiting to be built. Believe me when I say I have seen you're work and they are pieces of art. I wish I could afford some of it and if I ever get enough set back without the demands of family on it I will order that first model (I have two second gen 1860's put back for whatever strikes me). Until then I will be happy with my Richards II and continue to drool on my keyboard whenever one of you guys post pictures of your latest creations. Keep building, guys, we all want to see what's next! ;D

Mako

Quote from: Raven on February 16, 2011, 01:12:20 PM
Our cylinder and rings are ment to convert Pietta or Uberti 1860's

One of our 1st Model Richards is in a Dennis Adler article in the current issue of Guns of the Old West.
and there should be pictures some where on this site.

The 1st Richards has not been advertized on the Kirst site. We have made the parts for Bob Millington and for my old business, Ravens Roost Gunsmithing. We will soon be advertizing custom built guns on the Kirst site.

Raven

Raven,
I give up, I can't find that periodical anywhere.  I just got back from trying another Barnes and Nobles and a Borders.

Can you post some pictures for us?  Some like Fox Creek Kid's and then the loading gate area open  and closed would be perfect.

I'd like to see what one of those 20 rings you have would look like installed correctly.  You just might sell some of that inventory with some good photos.

Regards,
Mako
A brace of 1860s, a Yellowboy Saddle Rifle and a '78 Pattern Colt Scattergun
MCA, MCIA, MOAA, MCL, SMAS, ASME, SAME, BMES

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com