Well I put in an application tonight for NCOWS

Started by joec, February 03, 2011, 08:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joec

Figured why not, sounds like fun, I can live with the idea of it so waiting now to be accepted.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Jed Cooper

Quote from: joec on February 03, 2011, 08:54:58 PM
Figured why not, sounds like fun, I can live with the idea of it so waiting now to be accepted.
Where are you located, pard.     Jed
"Jed Cooper" aka: Dave Hollandsworth

Olde Cop,  NCOWS #2841, Maker of BIG SMOKE, GAF #500
F&AM PM, NRA Life, FOP - Retired , BOLD #615,* Warthawg! ,Hirams Rangers #31, 1860 Henry #97, STORM#351
Marshal - Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society,
http://greatlakesfmc.home.insightbb.com/scarlet.htm
Posse Member - http://home.insightbb.com/~greatlakesfmc/index.htm

Deadeye Don

Welcome Joec.   As soon as you get your membership number, you can join the NCOWS Chambers here on CAS City which is a more private forum to discuss important topics of interest. 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

joec

Jed, I'm located in Lexington Kentucky.

Deadeye Don I did it over the internet and paid via PayPal so no idea how long that will take. I haven't heard anything in response either in email nor from NCOWS.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Cliff Fendley

Welcome, I'm glad I found NCOWS. It's seems more about the fun and authenticity then the competition aspect. I had checked out SASS and wasn't too sold because when I went I noticed that what everyone was doing was nothing like what was used in the real west.

I hope to see you at Johnson County Rangers this spring.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

joec

Quote from: Cliff Fendley on February 04, 2011, 07:39:51 AM
Welcome, I'm glad I found NCOWS. It's seems more about the fun and authenticity then the competition aspect. I had checked out SASS and wasn't too sold because when I went I noticed that what everyone was doing was nothing like what was used in the real west.

I hope to see you at Johnson County Rangers this spring.

Yes I seem to be located between the too groups with but I've meet Jeff earlier here who I think is one of yours so that is where I'm headed for sure.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Irish Dave

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Major 2

Kinda wish we had hooked up when you were a Florida Cracker ...
welcome to the Brand
when planets align...do the deal !

joec

Quote from: Major 2 on February 04, 2011, 10:34:52 AM
Kinda wish we had hooked up when you were a Florida Cracker ...
welcome to the Brand

We might have over the years. I was born in Miami and raised there. I joined a group in the late 60's called the Gator Gunfighter but it was more a Quick Draw group. I left when I moved to Texas in late 78 and kind of got out of it for a number of years. Now at the ripe age of 64 I want to give this a try.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Major 2

I'm a couple a years younger, also born in Miami.
Shot with Palmetto Muzzleloaders and another CW era group.
Used to shoot at Trail Glades Range.
I left Miami in 86 for Central Fla. now have ranch near Orlando.

I was made an Honorary Texas Citizen buy Gov. Clemmets in 85 while make the IMAX Alamo Film.
My Dad was from Jeffersontown Ky. though and his folks were born there as well.
when planets align...do the deal !

joec

Quote from: Major 2 on February 04, 2011, 01:04:52 PM
I'm a couple a years younger, also born in Miami.
Shot with Palmetto Muzzleloaders and another CW era group.
Used to shoot at Trail Glades Range.
I left Miami in 86 for Central Fla. now have ranch near Orlando.

I was made an Honorary Texas Citizen buy Gov. Clemmets in 85 while make the IMAX Alamo Film.
My Dad was from Jeffersontown Ky. though and his folks were born there as well.

Yes my grandfather was on with the Sheriff's department in Miami. He started as a detective in 47 when I was a year old and retired at 65. I have shot at Trail Glades Range but then it was know as Tamiami Gun Range. I think the last time I shot there I was about 15 years old. Once I got wheels it was off to plink in the middle of no where then which was most everywhere in the area. Small world really.  ;)
Joe
NCOWS 3384

River City John

Glad you took the plunge, joec.

And so the journey begins . . .

RCJ ;D

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Sergeant Stump Marlow

I did also Joe. How long did it take to get accepted?
SGT Marlow
SFC (R) US Army 1983-2008
Chisholm Trail, Indian Territory
NCOWS #3386

joec

Quote from: Sergeant Stump Marlow on March 13, 2011, 11:14:56 AM

A bit over 2 weeks before I received the packet from them. I've since received my second Shooter Magazine as of last week. I've yet to hook up with the Johnson Country Rangers as I just sent my rifle back to Rossi for repair of the extractor. I'm having them send me a couple with the gun back. I also have the kit from Steve's Gunz here waiting to put in again. When I get it back I will make sure if operates correctly before making any of the modifications to it however other than the two parts in the kit.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

River City John

Quote from: Sergeant Stump Marlow on March 13, 2011, 11:14:56 AM

Sgt. Marlow,
welcome! Hope to meet both of you down the road.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Sergeant Stump Marlow

Quote from: joec on March 13, 2011, 11:33:13 AM
A bit over 2 weeks before I received the packet from them. I've since received my second Shooter Magazine as of last week. I've yet to hook up with the Johnson Country Rangers as I just sent my rifle back to Rossi for repair of the extractor. I'm having them send me a couple with the gun back. I also have the kit from Steve's Gunz here waiting to put in again. When I get it back I will make sure if operates correctly before making any of the modifications to it however other than the two parts in the kit.

Thanks.
SGT Marlow
NCOWS #3386

Sergeant Stump Marlow

Quote from: River City John on March 13, 2011, 11:37:01 AM
Sgt. Marlow,
welcome! Hope to meet both of you down the road.

RCJ

River City John, I look forward to meeting ya'll fella's also.
SGT Marlow
NCOWS #3386

Tjackstephens

Joec, Good to have another member from the Bluegrass state. We will be holding 3 NCOWS shoots at The Green River Gun  Range just outside of Bowling Green, KY. They will be the fifth Saturdays  ( April, July, and Oct.) The Green River Rangers Company B, we are not a NCOWS posse. Just trying to bring NCOWS to the area. To find us you can use the SASS wire and KY club The Green River Gun Slingers. It will give you directions to the club. Do hope you and some of my fellow Johnson County Rangers can make the shoots. Sign up at 9 am and shoot at 10 am. Sorry no food or drink provided, bring your own. Hope to see you. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

joec

Quote from: Tjackstephens on March 13, 2011, 12:38:46 PM
Joec, Good to have another member from the Bluegrass state. We will be holding 3 NCOWS shoots at The Green River Gun  Range just outside of Bowling Green, KY. They will be the fifth Saturdays  ( April, July, and Oct.) The Green River Rangers Company B, we are not a NCOWS posse. Just trying to bring NCOWS to the area. To find us you can use the SASS wire and KY club The Green River Gun Slingers. It will give you directions to the club. Do hope you and some of my fellow Johnson County Rangers can make the shoots. Sign up at 9 am and shoot at 10 am. Sorry no food or drink provided, bring your own. Hope to see you. Tj

Thanks for the invite and I will see if I get there on those dates. Bowling Green is a bit of a ride from Lexington.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Tjackstephens

Joec, You might check with French Jack, Jeff Farmer, and some others and car pool from a location you could meet at. Love to have you all come. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com