USFA to build 1873 Winchester ????

Started by Rowdy Fulcher, January 21, 2011, 08:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowdy Fulcher

Howdy Pards
There is a rumor that has been floating around for a few years about them reproducing the 73 . Maybe if we start sending them Emails maybe that could get the ball a rolling .  What ya think ?????

Steel Horse Bailey

Rowdy - I think I sure would like to see the 1875 Remington and the 1858/1863 NMA that I actually SAW on their website as a "working prototype" for the few days it was pictured ... until they yanked it.

I'm a bit disillusioned with them over that, to be honest, but I have nothing against them and I would happily buy and use ANY of their products ... if only I could afford them.  I DO understand the business reasons that shelved that offering ... and since the 1873 rifle would be even MORE costly and affected by the same reason(s) it is what it is.  I can't afford ANY new gun, by ANY GOOD, modern  manufacturer, NO MATTER the value and COMPARABLE worth, so it's a moot point, I guess!
;)

Not cryin', just statin' the facts. 
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Tascosa Joe

They are working on a "shotgun project".  Rumor has it the shotgun is an 1878 Colt.  I have several USFA Pistols but their recent increase in price put me a little short.  I would like to see a USFA 73.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Jed Cooper

I would love to see the shotgun (full length). Or the 73. I'm sure they would be top shelf. Just add to our wish list! ;) ;D   Jed
"Jed Cooper" aka: Dave Hollandsworth

Olde Cop,  NCOWS #2841, Maker of BIG SMOKE, GAF #500
F&AM PM, NRA Life, FOP - Retired , BOLD #615,* Warthawg! ,Hirams Rangers #31, 1860 Henry #97, STORM#351
Marshal - Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society,
http://greatlakesfmc.home.insightbb.com/scarlet.htm
Posse Member - http://home.insightbb.com/~greatlakesfmc/index.htm

Tjackstephens

Any gun they make would be top of the line and worth owning. Sure like the ideal of guns made in the USA. Right now though I am looking at a non cowboy gun, the Ruger Gunsight Scout Rifle, Would love to own one of those. Tj  ;)
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Irish Dave

I certainly always welcome any company's interest in producing another correct firearm from our period.

Would have to say, however, I'm not sure what we need right now is another $1,000-$1,500 overpriced '73 copy.

I don't own a '78 shotgun (TTN etc), but from what I've heard they are well-built and reliable weapons. The general concensus that I hear is that folks who have them, like them and that they have generally few complaints. Is there a need for a high-dollar reproduction of this shotgun? I dunno.

I wish them the best of luck on the ventures regardless.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Tascosa Joe

Hammer guns are real popular with the Vintager shotgun crowd right now.  I think they would have a fair market for the 78 Colt, if the quality is there, which has never been an issue with USFA.  I expect judging by the price of the reproduction Win 21s and Fox guns Galazan builds the price is going to be 3-5K.  It would sure make me drool though.

T-Joe

Dr. Bob

I recently purchased a very nice "original"  hammer double from the end of the 19th Century with  steel bbls for $550.  Belgian made and tight as a drum!  Bought a hammerless Parker D grade with steel bbls, double triggers & extractors for about $2300.  Can't see paying $3K for a repro shotgun, no matter how nice it is.  Just my opinion.  Yer mileage may very!  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Tjackstephens

Pards, Whittakers' had a old double that came off the Deadwood stage. Had papers on it. I held it, would love to have owned it, too many $$$$.  Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Rowdy Fulcher

Howdy Pards,
Just thought a American made product would be Great . But what was I thinking .

Tascosa Joe

Dr. Bob:

I prefer L.C. Smith but I do covet lifter Parkers.

T-Joe

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Rowdy Fulcher on January 23, 2011, 05:51:59 PM
Howdy Pards,
Just thought an American-made product would be Great.

Pal Rowdy, you are absolutely right.  And IF USFA makes a gun, it'll be a shining example of what American industry CAN (and sometimes STILL) makes.

I just wish I could wave a magic wand which would allow them to make ANY gun in a price range a lot more of us can afford.

I won't speak of it any more lest I seem to be crying in my bee .. er, Arbuckles.
;)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Deadeye Don

I agree with Jeff about USFA.  That whole Remington farce turned me off to them for now.  It wasn't so much the fact that the project fell flat, but it was the total lack of communication with their main potential customer base that dissapointed me.

As for the 73 and shot gun ideas, I am very happy with my Uberti made 73 and TTN shotgun.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Rowdy Fulcher

Howdy
The rumor about a 1873 Winchester is just a rumor . I got a email from Doug D the President of USFA and his reply was ZERO .
So if your looking for a American made 1873 Winchester you will need the REAL thing .

Tjackstephens

Dodge Boy, J.D Longdraw, Rowdy, and myself were at Whittakers this last week. He had several Winchesters model 92's and one model 95.  MADE IN JAPAN. Tj

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com