Band Saw

Started by Sgt. C.J. Sabre, January 17, 2011, 07:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: Chuck 100 yd on January 19, 2011, 08:18:25 PM
Everyone has their favorite way to do things. Whatever works for you is the thing to do.  ;)

Without the band saw I would have a hard time cutting out any complicated or tight cornered item.

I photo copy the pattern, use contact cement in a spray can to glue it to plexi-glass sheet (over the factory protective film) and cut it out on the band saw. Peel off the pattern and film and file or sand the edges smooth.
The resulting template allows me to lay out on the leather and see any flaws that might be underneath and get the most from my piece of leather. ;)

Have fun!!  ;D

Chuck you're absolutely right, for some of us we have to find what works for us, that can take some time and error, but once found we can usually get the same results that we were after, if you can't do it one way , do it another, as long as it's safe, I've had to do this a lot my own self, and it's allowed me to continue in this great craft.

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com