Jigged Bone Grips

Started by rep1954, January 14, 2011, 08:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rep1954

Guns of the Old West just had a short article on jigged bone grips. Personally I would have liked to see a lot more pictures so how about it if you got them show them off. Real or plastic it doesnt matter. Thanks ahead of time.

Old Doc

I think gripmaker sells those or is it Buffalo brothers. I see them sometime on the westerns channel, particularly on some of Gene Autry's guns in his early pictures.

St. George

Some time ago, a guy named 'Tony Tinhorn' had a deep interest in various grips.

Look on the 'net for 'Tony Tinhorn's Grip Page', since it should still be out there in the ether.

Incidentally - many, many of those so-called 'carved' grips seen in the old westerns were plastic replacement grips made by 'Franzite', back in the day.

They still appear at the gun shows, and some folks buy them to replicate the revolver used by their favorite cowboy hero of their youth.

As a result - their prices are rising.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Old Doc

Quote from: St. George on January 16, 2011, 09:50:35 AM
Some time ago, a guy named 'Tony Tinhorn' had a deep interest in various grips.

Look on the 'net for 'Tony Tinhorn's Grip Page', since it should still be out there in the ether.

Incidentally - many, many of those so-called 'carved' grips seen in the old westerns were plastic replacement grips made by 'Franzite', back in the day.

They still appear at the gun shows, and some folks buy them to replicate the revolver used by their favorite cowboy hero of their youth.

As a result - their prices are rising.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

The Franzite style grips are still available through Bob Lescovic at www.propistolgrips.com. Bob has the original molds. I have them on a Beretta Stampede, which he fitted for me. They look slightly different than the jigged bone version. In a way, I prefer them to real stag as they remind me of all the Satuday matinee cowboys.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com