Would this rig be legal for NCOWS?

Started by slydini, January 10, 2011, 02:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slydini

Thanks all so much. It is nice to know one can jump in at any level and not be looked at cross-eyed. NCOWS truly feels like a great fit. I appreciate all the help and kind words that have been offered up. In time, as circumstances, and knowledge allow, I hope to surpass level three. Until then, I look forward to the journey.
It is great to meet all you fine folks!

Major 2

Quote from: slydini on January 11, 2011, 08:11:00 PM
Thanks all so much. It is nice to know one can jump in at any level and not be looked at cross-eyed. NCOWS truly feels like a great fit. I appreciate all the help and kind words that have been offered up. In time, as circumstances, and knowledge allow, I hope to surpass level three. Until then, I look forward to the journey.
It is great to meet all you fine folks!

NOW... there is NCOWS mentality & and solid thinking right there !

WELCOME slydini  ;D
when planets align...do the deal !

slydini

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Slydini,

I'm not sure where you are in Minnesota but there is an NCOWS Posse in Glenwood City, Wisconsin. Here is their website  http://www.wowsinc.org/  Glenwood City is around 60 miles from the Minneapolis-St. Paul area.

It looks like their first match of the year will be held on May 7th.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

slydini

Howdy Johnny,
I'm in St Paul.  Thanks for the info.

slydini

Quote from: Buck Stinson on January 10, 2011, 11:08:27 PM
The example shown in the second set of photos, is a reproduction of a Moran Brothers, Miles City, Montana Territory holster (pre-1889) and it does have the correct sewn in muzzle plug.  It is also buckskin lined
Buck should know, unbeknownst to me, I purchased this rig from him! :o  I might add, it is one beaut of a rig!

Dr. Bob

My posse's range is 81 miles from my front door.  60 sounds great!  You certainly will fit in!  Hope you can make it to the National Shoot in Evansville, IN in June.  The folks there make us very welcome and you will get a chance to see a broad range of gear.  The shoot is a lot of fun and you would have a great time!  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Gentleman Jack

it is amazing to me how quick some people are to say something is not NCOWS leagal by just looking and not refering to the tally book. There are always 2 things to consider NCOWS legal according to the tally book and period correct. I think we tend to scare off some potential new members with a flat out NO!!!! instead of refffering to the tally book,(basicly the rules for our organization), and keeping in mind there are 3 levels of authenticity. It is up to each individual what level he or she wants to acheive.
Gentleman Jack-Sec/Treasurer
Marshfield Missouri NCOWS Posse

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com